Samsung 9+ vs iPhone x

Curious if the iPhone allows you to open two apps at the same time. I happened to think about that today. I bought something off rokslide and the previous owner sent me a picture of the label for tracking info. On my S4 I would write down the number then open Google and enter the tracking number. With my S8, I opened Google with tapatalk still open, and then I could just enter the tracking info.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Curious if the iPhone allows you to open two apps at the same time. I happened to think about that today. I bought something off rokslide and the previous owner sent me a picture of the label for tracking info. On my S4 I would write down the number then open Google and enter the tracking number. With my S8, I opened Google with tapatalk still open, and then I could just enter the tracking info.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes you can open multiple apps, just slide up and hold the app while it’s minimized and then you can select any open apps to view or close.

This is on the iPhone X, the 7 I forget how to view open apps but you can do it on older iPhones as well.

3forks

WKR
I have the iPhone X.

I'm not really into phones and technology like some people are, but went went the X because I wanted a smaller phone with a larger display.

I use my phone for digiscoping and thought the better camera in the X would be worth the extra money. I have not experimented too much with the X, but got great results with my 6 and Swaro ATX 65mm.

I also bought the Procamera 5 app for use with the X:
"This high-end camera app for iPhones allows you to have the same amount of control over the photographic process, you would have if you used a DSLR camera to take photos. Furthermore, ProCamera app lets you capture 4K and HD videos at frame rates that range from 24fps to 240fps. The Anti-Shake feature stabilizes your shots and allows you to take sharper pictures, while the app's photo editor offers all the tools required for the professional level of photo editing."

I have a Bluetooth shutter for my digiscoping setup to eliminate shaking and will experiment with the app to see if I can eliminate the shutter.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PfqUIgr4VnY[/video]

*This vid is from 3.25 miles away. Click on 720HD for the video in better resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

UtahJimmy

WKR
I have a Bluetooth shutter for my digiscoping setup to eliminate shaking and will experiment with the app to see if I can eliminate the shutter.

Samsungs have a voice activation for their camera! You can say "shoot" "capture" or "record video" to eliminate shake. No need for extra crap to break or lose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pramo

WKR
I've used iPhones since they came out and switched too a pixel 2 about 6 months ago. First there is price pixel 2 with Verizon is $350 with some of their promotions, next is the camera and camera software it's always top rated just do a few quick searches to see. I use chrome as a browser and Gmail so it's nice to have my life all synced (and spyed on).

I'll stick with pixels for the foreseeable future and I truly believe apple is going the wrong direction with it's company and software. For background I'm a high tech red neck and been Chief Techonolgy officer of three companies as well as a developer for 20 years.

Once made the switch so did 4 of my coworkers and none of us are disappointed.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that Apple vs. Android is like comparing two different languages. You either speak one, or the other. Some of you are lucky enough to be fluent in both.. I can muddle my way through my wife's iPhone, but my Samsung Note 8 is much more intuitive for me... My first "smartphone" was a Blackberry, then made the jump to the Note 5 and now run the Note 8.

Really like the the new Note 9 as the Stylus also acts as a remote camera shutter! That would be sweet for digiscoping! I've never been impressed with the battery life on either my wife's phone or mine... Seems like the more we use them the more the battery drains... I miss the days when you could pop the dead battery out of the back and throw a fresh one in! : )

Last edited: