Outdoorsmans Ultralite Optics Pan Head - any reviews

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone put their hands on the new Outdoorsmans Ultralite Optics Pan Head? Need to replace my shitty Vanguard pan head, to use with my A7III and Swaro scope/bino's.

The best is the Sirui VA-5. It's Arca swiss compatable and would be perfect for what you have.
As always happy to help
Joel

Trial153

WKR
no but in a have a micro pan head and its pretty sweet, works all the way to my 65mm sts, no problem with 12x and 15 binos ...

just me I would pay the 60 more and save the weight

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
no but in a have a micro pan head and its pretty sweet, works all the way to my 65mm sts, no problem with 12x and 15 binos ...

just me I would pay the 60 more and save the weight

I was going to buy the regular Pan Head, but curious about the new one, as I haven't seen any reviews.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was considering this head and actually spoke with outdoors means yesterday about it and he showed me that it would work all the way up to an ATX95

Live2hunt custom shelters

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
I called them today to confirm it came with an adapter plate (which it does). I was hoping the guy on the phone would provide some insight, but he wasn't much of a salesman by any means....

Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey everyone, we would be happy to answer any of your questions you may have on our Ultralite Pan Head.

Thank you!

OP
G

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone, we would be happy to answer any of your questions you may have on our Ultralite Pan Head.

Thank you!

Was chatting with Jordan and she thought the plate may be Swiss Acra, but its doesn't say that on the web site(?)

Was originally looking at your regular pan head, but now thinking about the Ultralite. I like the lower price as well. I take it the main feature benefit is less weight, but does it perform as well as the regular pan head for all around bino (65mm), spotter and camera (mirrorless size-video) use?

Outdoorsmans

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
gdog, the Ultralite head was designed mainly for use with heavier optics like the BTX/95. The main difference in the Ultralite vs Pan Head it the tilt and pan functions, and plate design.

Unlike our Pan Head the Ultralite head uses a twist handle for the tilt function and a star knob for pan. Both of these features are customizable by tightening or loosening a hex head screw with the provided allen key under the plate. The plate on the Ultralite head is not the same as our current plates as well. The adaption is Arca-Swiss "like" and will accept an Arca-Swiss plate but the fit is not perfect and it was not designed for that just a happy accident that we discovered after the fact.

Hope this helps, Jake!