phoneskope shaking in the wind

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
i have a zeiss 20-60 diascope spotter, with an outdoorsman head on a namebrand nice solid tripod. when i put my iphone 7+ into the phone scope,, it works great but the slightest bit of wind ruins the view. and it is wind hitting the phoneskope, not the tripod or scope, how do i know this,, because when the wind dies down, it's fine.

is this common? is there a fix? has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to brace it

thanks for any help

All spotters/tri-pods are vulnerable to wind, some more than others, the smaller 65's more so than say the 80's or larger.
Many will add weight to the under side of the tri-pod to keep it more stable. You could just hook your pack and allow some of its weight to stabilize the tripod.
Also zooming out a little helps but if it is windy, it is windy.
As long as you have the case snug on the rubber boot of the objective, there isn't a lot you can do to handle the wind other than the obvious: get out of the wind, behind vehicle, cliff, tree, set your pack up and put spotter and tripod lower and nestle it behind the pack, or add weight to under side of tripod to hold it firmer in place.

TheCougar

WKR
Things I have found that help: Carbon tripod instead of aluminum, make the tripod as short as possible, hang a weight from the hook on the underside of the center post, and lean your backpack up against two of the three legs to dampen the vibration. Beyond that, it’s the nature of the beast

OP
R

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
hi,, yes, mine is carbon,,, but it is not the tripod or the weight,, although i have used the weight on the hook,,, ,,, the backpack idea is great,, will do in the future, but what it is is the phoneskope is flapping in the wind,,where the circle adapter hooks onto the iphone holder is just not very stable,,,,,but i think i have figured out a nice simple fix.