Wtb a new camera for hunting but what? Suggestions and pictures please

rlmmarine

WKR
I'm looking to buy a new camera for a few upcoming trips and want to take pictures to capture the moment. I was looking at the nikon p900. My current camera set up is a nikon d50. I'm not much on taking the slr into the woods and it's pretty obsolete by today's standards. I want the new camera to be light.and easy accessible. Either med pockets on the waist or something clever someone has come up with hence the picture request. I'm not sure the p900 fits that category so I'm hoping some people on here will chime in on what works for them and how they carry it. I'd like for it to be rechargeable but also have removable batteries and be able to take short videos all while taking a good picture. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advanced
Robert

jspradley

WKR
The Sony A6000- A6500 series are quite good cameras that from what you are describing might fit your niche well.

Small and lightweight, fairly inexpensive and you can use legit pro level lenses in them to,get way better images than point and shoot type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WE love the Sony A6000 and 6500. We have sold many to fellow members and always the right deal. The video is great on both. 4K on the 6500. The 6500 is also weatherproof and has 5 axis image stabilization. Both are excellent. They are both smaller, faster and due to the progress in technology, better then the D50 you currently own. As already stated, you can use the entire line of Sony lenses which are VERY highly regarded.
If you want an all in one, I would stay away from the P90. It's HUGE and the picture quality is ok, but not great. Our #1 selling point and shoot is the Sony DSC-HX80. It can fit in a shirt pocket and has a 30x ZEISS optical zoom. It also has a view finder, rare today in compact cameras. It also shoots terrific videos.
Give me a call. We always do the right thing for Rokslide members. I will be in today after morning off site meetings, from 12:00-6

Joel
Camera Land
516-217-1000

I use an Olympus OMD EM1 MkII.

I love the thing and it performs exceptionally well.

Honestly though, I would use a Sony or Panasonic if someone gave me one. To me, being a good photographer is more about your knowledge of photographic concepts and composition as opposed to the camera you own. I just own an Olympus because I've always had Olympus and so has my dad. Bloody good cameras, though.

Boreal

WKR
I used to shoot a lot with my DSLR, but stopped taking photos because I hated lugging it around. I picked up a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 from the guys at CameraLand and never looked back. I wanted all-in-one or I realized I was going to be carrying just as much with all the lenses. I have a ton of animal portrait shots, so don’t need the big optical zoom. Mostly I want wide and point of view shots so the LX 100 works perfectly for what I want. The guys at CL will steer you right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
This like everything else is going to depend on your wants and needs. Im currently using an Olympus em5ii I picked up off ebay with a few lenses. I can carry three prime lenses, 17mm, 25mm, 45mm, and a 14-150 zoom in less space than I could a dslr and two lenses. So far I am loving it. Functions like a dslr but much smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rlmmarine

rlmmarine

WKR
Thanks everyone I talked with camera land and think I'm going to go with the Sony 80 but I'm still checking into all the features
Thanks again

Steven C

FNG
Just ordered the Sony DSC HX80 from Joel today. Great guy to talk to. He explained the camera to me in a way that I could understand somewhat. I’ll just get my 8 year old niece to show me how to turn it on and go from there. Thanks Joel