Need camera advice! Digiscoping, landscapes and field photos!

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I'd really like to get a do it all camera. I have an Olympus tg4 currently but I'm not really happy with photo quality and it's hard to get clear images while using it on the scope. (I end up getting better quality filming and taking screen shots) I'm not looking to become a photography expert so a solid auto system is a must. Along with digiscoping I'd like to be able to take some scenic landscape type pictures for posterity and maybe blow some up for personal use. Last but not least I would really like to get sharper better field photos. I take mine currently using the app and Bluetooth features and just can't ever seem to get the depth or color of nicer cameras. I know that there's significant skill that goes into a perfect picture but previous Sony high zoom cameras I've had would all but push the button and the pictures looked great.
I'm hoping this camera exists and would love if it cost less than or around 500 dollars. Durability is also a concern. The previously mentioned Sony's had issues with the retractable lense locking up with dirt.
Thanks in advance!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, I was gonna say a Sony RX100III but sounds like you've already been down that rabbit hole. Canon makes a good point and shoot that a lot of guys seem to like, can't remember the model number though. I'd get in touch with the guys at Camera Land, they'll point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
You can get a used Sony A6X00 series for around that price to a little bit more and get better results than just about any point and shoot.

Id highly recommend an interchangeable lens system as lenses are what do it all, not so much the camera.

One secret to all those super deep colors and awesometastic landscape shots we all love... post processing. A lot of badass landscapes you see are highly processed or composites/panoramas that can only be created in yours computer.

So get something that shoots in RAW and processing software and youll be good to go

As far as auto mode...it usually sucks donkey nads on ALL cameras. The basics of your camera modes are pretty simple and pretty much universal across all cameras. Aperture priority is your friend haha

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Ended up calling Joel at camera land. Wow! That guy knows his stuff! Buying a Sony a6000.

They were super helpful and crazy knowledgeable.

jspradley

WKR
Ended up calling Joel at camera land. Wow! That guy knows his stuff! Buying a Sony a6000.

They were super helpful and crazy knowledgeable.

Nice! I recently upgraded from an A6000 and it really is a damn good camera... there isn't much else in the same class for the price.

You won't be disappointed!