San Diego County Pigs

SoCalHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My son has expressed a desire to hunt pigs here in Southern California. We would like to ask anyone if they have any info they can pass along on any general areas in San Diego County public land. Of course, I don't want anyone's honey hole or secret spot. Just a point in the general areas that are places where we should be scouting.

My boy doesn't like the idea of waiting for hunting season all year long. Something about being an impatient 20 year old. I figure it gets me and him in the field more often and that's worth a lot to me. Plus he keeps me in shape trying to keep up with him. :)

Your help/advice is greatly appreciated.

With the eradication programs that have been implemented in and around that area, your going to have a difficult time locating pigs there. You can expect to make numerous trips with no sign found. When you do find sign, expect it to be old. The good news is I hear the area biologist can be very helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

OP
SoCalHunter

SoCalHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well, Helping to eradicate them would been our sincere pleasure. :)

Thanks for the information. We will give the biologist a call and see what we are told...am keep looking.

We were hoping for 200 miles each way (Los Angeles) or less of travel because it would make it easier to take short trips regularly.

Thanks again!