Wolf Trapping Idaho

Jeremy

FNG
I just took the wolf trapping class in Idaho and was hoping for some tips on known wolf paths. Want to get rid of some of these critters. I've got a few spots up by priest lake but looking for somewhere closer to home. Any suggestions will help and I'll follow up on the leads

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you familiar with coeur d Alene river? Also there is a wolf site you can find on line that gives you information on recent sightings and tracks.

OP
J

Jeremy

FNG
Somewhat familiar with the cda river. I live up by Oldtown. Its not a bad drive to the cda river but makes it tough to check traps during the work week. Do you know the websites address?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out. F4wm.com.

I know there are packs running the Jordan creek trail area and weber saddle area up the bunco road at mile 12.5 down into independence.....good luck!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Jeremy, Pm me your info. My buddy might help you, he's getting pretty good at it. He traps up in Priest and in the CDA's
Wolf13_zps84186687.jpg

Bighorse

WKR
I'm getting dialed in next week and will start trapping wolves in SE Alaska soon. Or at least attempting. It's just an excuse to run the bike and boat really. Perhaps I'll get some fur. As a hunter it would be a great way to connect with an area. It's kinda like tying flies or reloading. Your just getting more connected with the sport you love. It would be sweet to take a few wolves in the spring then to turn around and take a few deer in the fall from the same area.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like it's time to come up to the Panhandle and do some of God's work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk