Predator Hunting Rifles - What's yours?

I'm shooting an old Ruger Tang safety in 6mm Remington, 3.5-10x50 VX3 with a 90 grain Nosler Accubond. Smoking out the barrel at just under 3300 fps!!
6mm REMINGTON you can't beat it!! I use a Ruger #1B in 6mm Remington and use what I shoot for game which is a 100 gr. Nosler Partition. It works very well.

H82miss

FNG
For U shot gun users. What choke tube and shot shell U running?

I use improved modified in my M2. As far as shotshells, I have a bunch of the discontinued Rem Hd BBs that I normally use. Good ole #4 buck gets the job done too.
We always carry our rifles and shotguns on every stand. The extra gun is a pain to carry, but it has paid off more times than not.

I've gone through A TON of predator rifles over the years. My favorite thus far is .22-.250. I bought a Tikka T3 Lite in it and the bolt, trigger, and downright accuracy of the gun out of the box was unreal. 1/2 moa with factory Hornady 55 V Max. I did bed it and polish the shears on the trigger which didn't improve the already great groups. Then I loaded some rounds. .31 at 100. I also had an Olympic Arms UMAR in the same caliber. It was shooter but super heavy and not as accurate as the Tikka. Not surprising. I have a custom AR in .223 that performs well on yotes. My latest projects are both chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Neither is being worked up for strictly predators but both will be used for it. One is a Savage 11 Long Range Hunter. It's shooting very well w factory loads. Just started working up a recipe for it in 130-140 grains for deer but will surely be testing some 90's for yotes. The other is a South Texas Arms upper/lower paired with a McGowen lightweight profile 1:8 24" match barrel and other sweet components. Hoping both will perform well with the less heavy 90's so the wife and I can both have the ability to reach out and touch those dogs that hold up.

300 blackout for me at the current time. I am waiting on my 6.5x6.8 bhw barrel and then that will be my main everything Texas gun. I used to be a single shot kind of guy, then a bolt guy, and now I am stuck on ARs. I tried to go back to bolt and it just didn't click with me anymore. My preferred combo is lightweight 16" barrel, 15" handguard, DPMS slick side receiver, and of course Magpul. Caliber selection is mostly wildcat based.

I have a 22" BHW barrel chambered in .223 Wylde. Shoots very well now but took almost 300 rounds to get it to start grouping. Not sure if you have experience w BHW but their feeder ramps are very sharp which gouges bullets. You may benefit by having a gunsmith smooth it down. I believe this is what caused the looseness in the groups to start. It's a 1:8 and likes the 75 grain BTHP Match 5.56 from Hornady for Factory loads but likes 55 gr V Max hand loads.

FreeRange

WKR
80a00f2af98f87be86eb0ed477a7edac.jpg

FreeRange

WKR
Just built my first AR from an 80% lower and a hodgepodge of parts. 20" Wylde barrel, free floated tube and a light 2 stage trigger, shot it for the first time today, rang steel 10 shots in a row on a 6" gong at 150 yards just resting it on a stump. My first semi auto rifle, looking forward to working on my predator calling and getting to hunt the "off season" this year.

NULA Model 20 in 6PPC. Absolutely a tack driver and super light. When traveling long distances on snowmachine, that light rifle is wonderful on the shoulders compared to a few of the others I've toted.

kcboswell

FNG
.22-250 Ruger M77 Mark II with a Burris Fullfield II 3x9 scope. Shoot Wal-Mart Winchester 45 grain JHP. Set that up on a homemade set of wood dowel shooting sticks and I have quite the tack driver.

cobrad

FNG
Rifle2_zpsrvpb7pn0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cooper 22-250 for prairie dogs. This for Marmots. BAT action, Jewell 20 oz. trigger, Kreiger barrel 28" tight neck 7 mag shooting 180 gr Berger VLD's, Greybull stock, S&B PMII 4-16X50. Longest shot 1402 yards.