Electronic Predator Call Recommendation

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Rosinbag,
I'm not asking really about the range but more the features of the remote. The WT remote doesn't do a tenth of what the foxpro remote does. What do you think about these features? Thanks!

FEATURES

◦24-Bit Audio 24-bit audio for extreme audio performance. The FURY 2 can play .mp3, uncompressed .wav, .fxp (FOXPRO's proprietary file type), and .24b (FOXPRO's 24-bit file type).

◦FOXBANG™ With FOXBANG activated the caller automatically switches to your preset #1 after discharging your firearm. This allows for hands free sound changing operation to help keep your eyes focused on the field where it counts.

◦Dual Amplified Speakers Individually amplified horn (front) and cone (rear) speaker combination provides loud, crystal-clear audio and great frequency response. You can switch the internal speakers on/off from the main unit and from the Fury 2 remote control.

◦16 Channels of Remote Operation Operate up to 16 different units from a single remote.

◦Remote/Manual Operation Use the FURY 2 with the remote or choose to operate it manually from the controls located on the front.

◦Stereo or Mono Operation Stereo and mono operational modes can be selected from the Fury 2 remote control.

◦Red Backlit LCD Display

◦Low Battery Indicator

◦Improved Remote Performance By utilizing FHSS technology, remote range and reliability will greatly increase.

◦Numeric Keypad Sound Entry Don't like scrolling through your sounds? Directly enter the number of the sound you wish to play on the numeric keypad for direct access. For those that prefer the scrolling, the rotary selector knob allows you to scroll through sounds without the need for memorizing your sound list.

◦10 Custom Sound Presets Store up to 10 custom sound presets with individual volume levels. Two quick access preset buttons are located on the side of the Fury remote.

◦FOXCAST™ Design up to 10 entire stands including the individual sounds, volume levels, durations, and passages of silence. When selected, a custom sequence will go through the steps you defined and complete your entire calling sequence without requiring any need for using the remote control.

◦FOXFADE™ Manipulate the volume level of the L/R channels on a stereo audio file. For example, if you are playing a sound that has a rabbit on the left audio channel and a coyote on the right audio channel you can use FOXFADE to gain independent control of volume of both sounds within the stereo audio file (i.e. decrease the volume of the rabbit--or silence it completely--while the volume of the coyote remains the same or vice versa.) In mono operation, FOXFADE will act as a mixer moving sounds from the front speaker to rear speaker.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Justin, a lot there to digest. I go sound as #1 priority for me. I don't think the fox pro matches up and I believe it is more money now than WT.

I have 45 sounds on my call and honestly use about 10 of them. All the other fancy stuff they throw out there is overrated. I don't want to change sounds when a shot rings out, I also don't want to call in two directions.

Your set up is key, so if I am calling I want to have the wind in my favor, so I prefer to direct my call for my set up.

If the extra features are something you prefer, I would try it out. I know I wouldn't use them for my style of calling.