Lion tracks near my cams

DEW0341

WKR
Anyone got any idea how big of a lion this might be? Cut these tracks about 200 yards away from my cam. I'm in this area 3-4 times a week. Guess I'll be carrying from here on out.
a3fbdc8feae220b537419e1195fb37f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone got any idea how big of a lion this might be? Cut these tracks about 200 yards away from my cam. I'm in this area 3-4 times a week. Guess I'll be carrying from here on out.
a3fbdc8feae220b537419e1195fb37f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't want to discourage you from carrying a gun in the bush but I'd imagine you've probably been close to lions many, many more times than you know if you're out in it very often.

I worried when I was a kid walking by myself in lion country early mornings before daylight on elk hunts. Then I just convinced myself that the chances of having a dangerous encounter are very, very slim. I carry a sidearm, usually, but I know it's likely going to stay on my belt/in my cargo pocket for the rest of my life without being drawn.

I honestly relish every time I've had the chance to encounter a bear or lion in the wild. Not much more exciting, if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Should have put something on the ground so there is some perspective. Makes it hard to tell with just a track. If it was the size of your outstrecteched hand it is a pretty good sized lion. That one doesn't look real big to me.