My first triple

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Well I've never got a double but I finally got a triple this evening. I've had the last two weeks off And have been out on several afternoons but haven't seen a glimpse of a yote until today. Its been raining off and on since yesterday so I went up to the base of the mountains. Weather was in the 40s, still overcast and a bit of mist plus patches of fog. Where I set up was about 200 yards from my truck across a couple of small draws in an old burn. I got set up and put my Alpha Dogg out about 50 yards turned on baby cottontail distress for a couple of minutes then off for about 3 min. About 30 sec. after I turned it back on a coyote came sneaking through from the left @ about 80 yards and looked like he knew something was amiss but couldn't place it. after crossing a ways he turned away from me and stopped at about 120 yards. I hit him square with my .222 Rem. Mag. and dropped him on the spot.

At the shot I turned on coyote pup distress and within 90 seconds another showed up from the same direction, one more shot and one more yote. At the second shot another immediately showed up again from the same direction and he got a 50gr. Vmax also. It happened so fast that I lost track of where they went down and spent the rest of my light looking for the third one. It turns out I recovered the one on far left and the one in the middle, but had thought I got the one on the right and the one in the middle. So I ended up wasting time looking in the wrong area. Anyhow I went home and Picked up my wife and flashlights for recovery and pics.

Richard

Roy68

WKR
Nicely done. I've pulled 2 doubles in the last 5 years.

Three weeks ago I was deer hunting and always carry a mouth call with me. Right before dusk I dug it out and had 3 come in at the very same time. I shot the first at 35yds, missed the second at 175, stopped the 3rd at 402 and piled him. My first chance at a triple and I missed a gimmie because I was trying to make a triple.

I bet that 222 isn't as hard on pelts as my 300 was that evening

mcseal2

WKR
Congratulations, sounds like an awesome hunt. The ones like that make up for the ones where nothing shows up, keeps you trying.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome! Looks like similar country to what I hunt. I have yet to be lucky enough to get three to pop out and give me a chance at them

KClark

WKR
Excellent work there, it's not many who can pull off the sinister triple dog dare. ;)

Kotaman

WKR
Very awesome...I get a few doubles every year, but have yet to get a triple. A buddy of mine did get a rarity this year: A QUINN! Yes, 5 dogs in one set. He called six in and got 5 of them shooting an AR 15.