First Bobcat of the year

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
Got the first one of the year on the ground!
cat1_zpsnffenpka.jpg
[/URL]

Attachments

• cat1.jpg
    cat1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys piss me off. I cannot seem to call in a predator to save my life. Nice work!

OP
JO.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I shot my first coyote my first time out with a friend. I had a long dry spell before I shot my second. I've had better luck as of late with mouth calls vs my foxpro. It's getting harder around here to find good areas that aren't pressured.

OP
JO.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
elkguide, This cat was shot in OK the day after Christmas while visiting family, weighed 26lbs.

Backpack, I used a Haydel's Government Hunter cottontail call. I bought it about 5 years ago and its about the only mouth call I use anymore. The rife is a Ruger American 243 I bought this summer after someone posted on this site about WalMart having a clearance. Picked it up for 217$ out the door and have taken two coyotes, a cat, and a whitetail doe with it so far.

elkguide

WKR
SWEET! Thanks for the update. That's a very good cat.

I always smile when people talk about bobcats and put them in the 50 pound category. Here in the North East we get some really big cats and a big tom might break 40 but that is the exception and not the rule.

Now if you want to talk about big coyotes. Seems that when coyotes finally ventured back East, they must have spent a little "friendly time" with a few wolves as it isn't unusual to see coyotes in the 50 to 70 pound range around here. I shot a pair out of my bedroom window that both weighed 58#'s and I saw one on a scale that a neighbor kid shot that went 92#'s.

Great deal on that rifle too!

HOT ROD

WKR
Congrats on a great cat.... I have really got into calling coyotes this year. I was raised in Nw Pa. And the coyotes are bigger there. Than here in Wy.. I never killed a cat any where. I have seen a few in Pa. The one big tom cat I saw. Looked big...

Awesome cat!!! Would love to connect on one.They are few and far between around here. Lots of red fox and Yotes but the cats are scarce.

gonzaga

FNG
Nice cat, great colors and good sized as well. How long into the calling sequence?