New FoxPro CS24-C, SP-60, Mojo Critter Decoy

Figured I would post a picture off my new FoxPro CS24C, TOA (SP-60) speaker and Mojo Critter decoy. I had already made the PVC stands for my FOXPRO Banshee caller. I just now added an all-thread adapter into the PVC to attach the Mojo Critter decoy. Definitely Much nicer than using that short spike it comes with. Especially when ground is frozen or snow covered. These stands also keep caller and speaker from sinking in snow. Onto the TOA (SP-60) speaker. Living in NY, the CS24C provides all the volume I will ever need. However, sometimes I want to cover a much greater area with my calls. I can focus caller and speaker in different directions I need them. This is when I hook up the external speaker. Definitely raises the odds of success. All of this along with the awesome TX-1000 remote and 2 battery packs fits perfectly in my large Foxpro carry bag.

Attachments

• 1121201612636.jpg
    1121201612636.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 1121201612548.jpg
    1121201612548.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 1121201612528.jpg
    1121201612528.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65
OP
H
Unless you are getting the hellfire for super cheap. I would seriously consider the Banshee. I would think the hellfire must be about $175 now?? For the added $125 you get 25 more sounds and a remote that is in a league of its own compared to the hellfire remote!!!! The two are not even comparable. My hellfire would lose signal sometimes at 40 yards. I did thurough testing of the Banshee when it came out. At one point I was at 286 yards and it never missed a command. Really awesome caller and remote. Besides the fact. You find predators are not for you. Resell the Banshee for PROBABLY 75% of your cost. Best of luck

Jim

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Jim. Yea, hellfire only 170

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
H
Get yourself one of those table top tripods for like $10. Will get the call off the ground 8-10" and will help with remote reception.

Jim

mcseal2

WKR
I run the Mojo Critter with my Prairie Blaster II a lot of the time, hard to beat the FoxPro and Mojo combo. I use it rather than the one built into the FoxPro a lot since it's taller.

The decoy built into the FoxPro works too if the vegetation isn't to tall. I've had two owls attack it and then sit on the handle of the big FoxPro trying to figure out how to get at the critter inside, pretty entertaining. I screw with them when it happens, use the TX1000 remote to turn the decoy off and then back on to swing around and whack them when they turn their head. The first was a young one that wouldn't leave, when I was done screwing with them I turn on a cougar scream to scare him off the call. It didn't phase him, eventually the calf bawl ran him off.

I can hear the Foxpro's built in decoy rod hitting the plastic from 30-40yds off which I don't like. I figure if I can hear it that far critters can hear it further. I shut it off when they get closer if I can see them. Another plus for the Mojo, it's quieter. I have the extension stake and wrapped it with tape where it slides into the Mojo to keep that from rattling and now it makes almost no noise.

OP
H
The Mojo is a great decoy. Good to carry spare tops for them. Hawks and owls love to swoop down and rip them away!!!

mcseal2

WKR
Forgot to add on the Mojo, I wrapped the extension stake with tape too so it won't rattle against the spike in my pack and make a metal on metal sound. Good idea if you use both.

Logan T

WKR
I completely agree with hammer on getting the banshee over the hellfire. My cousin has had a hellfire for a few years and it is ok, but the remote really stinks.... the range is not good. I just bought the banshee this winter and it is so much better. A LOT better range on the remote and the volume range is also higher I believe.

Also Clarktar, if you do get any of the foxpros, I would really recommend getting the lithium rechargeable battery packs. They are a little spend but I found they perform a lot better in our calls than the NiMH rechargeables or regular AA batteries.

Clarktar

WKR
I completely agree with hammer on getting the banshee over the hellfire. My cousin has had a hellfire for a few years and it is ok, but the remote really stinks.... the range is not good. I just bought the banshee this winter and it is so much better. A LOT better range on the remote and the volume range is also higher I believe.

Also Clarktar, if you do get any of the foxpros, I would really recommend getting the lithium rechargeable battery packs. They are a little spend but I found they perform a lot better in our calls than the NiMH rechargeables or regular AA batteries.
Thanks dudes ! Going with Hellfire

OP
H
That's fine. Just try and get it elevated a bit. Even hang off fence posts, tree branches, on a rock. Will help with remote.

Davebuech

WKR
Great thread and good timing! I have been looking to get a remote caller as well. Thanks for the information. So the Mojo decoy will work with the fox pro that's also good to know. My nephew has the wildfire but the range on the remote is terrible and its not very loud. I was about to rule out Foxpro based on that. I will have a closer look at the banshee

Unless you are getting the hellfire for super cheap. I would seriously consider the Banshee. I would think the hellfire must be about $175 now?? For the added $125 you get 25 more sounds and a remote that is in a league of its own compared to the hellfire remote!!!! The two are not even comparable. My hellfire would lose signal sometimes at 40 yards. I did thurough testing of the Banshee when it came out. At one point I was at 286 yards and it never missed a command. Really awesome caller and remote. Besides the fact. You find predators are not for you. Resell the Banshee for PROBABLY 75% of your cost. Best of luck

Jim

OP
H
The new Inferno is same as wildfire but with a 100 times better remote. The Banshee uses the same nice remote as the Inferno does but has a bigger amp, runs on 10 AA batteries, and is a single TOA SPEAKER. Very clear, great range, and lots of power For $299. If you do have an extra $100 I would STRONGLY suggest the CS24C. Same speaker and power as Banshee. However it has more features and the ABSOLUTE BEST remote made for callers. This call a month ago was $600. It was just reduced to $399. Incredible deal.

Davebuech

WKR
I have the Banshee on the way, should arrive tomorrow. From the sounds of it I'll be happy with it. Until now Ive always used mouth calls, they work but sometimes I get busted cause I think they can key in on me quicker. My nephew turned me on to e callers and gotta admit they do work. Setting up a caller 100-200 yards away and using a decoy is gonna be a new game for me!

Clarktar

WKR
I'm close to ordering a banshee also, just waiting for a Cabela's. Coupon or a sale

mcseal2

WKR
If I was buying I'd go with a smaller call that still uses the TX-1000 remote. I like that remote and the way my Prairie Blaster works, but am not a fan of the 15lb weight and bulk to carry around. It fills my 2000cu Eberlestock by itself pretty much, can't get a coat or anything big in there.

I think it's worth the money or time to camouflage the call too. I've heard that from others, especially if you are elevating the call. I used shadowgrass camo tape to hide the outline of my monster call. New calls can be bought in Kryptek camo which I'd probably do.

I just got the Foxgrip for my AR I am going to install before hunting again. I think it will be awesome to be able to switch to a mouse sound at low volume just by hitting the button on the grip. I hate having to take my eyes off an incoming coyote to look at my remote and then locate him again. I always do so just to make sure I don't hit the wrong hot button with a kiyi or pup distress at high volume when a coyote is already cooperating. The FoxBang feature (switches to preset sound/volume at bang of the shot) I already have set to the pup distress 2. If you are using that just be sure that you don't bang the remote down against anything, its pretty easy to set off.

I taped a push top Airborne bottle upside down on the stake of the Mojo critter decoy. I have a half a tampon inside with the string taped on(version 2 may use fishing line, cotton ball, and a safety pin). The cotton is soaked in Coyote Juice, a cover scent/attractant. I pull the top off the bottle and it falls out and hangs where the wind can hit it. They want their nose to confirm what their eyes and ears tell them plus they are curious. I often place the call where the wind carries the sound straight into the area I suspect coyotes are in, then sit off to the side far enough that my smell won't hit that area. Especially later season call shy coyotes seem to like being able to smell everything as they come in from a long way off. I risk getting winded when placing the call, but still feel it works better than having the wind in my face. This is one of the biggest advantages over mouth calls to me.

Last edited:

Nuke Man

WKR
I was told if you order your e caller from Foxpro that you can pick all the sounds that you want instead of a preloaded soundboard. Not sure if it's true, but would definitely be worth it. I currently use a Wildfire 2 and the Mojo critter. The remote fir the Foxpro sucks! Range is better if you use lithium batteries in it. I'm planning on upgrading sometime soon. I've used it for about 5 years, the speaker is just starting to get a little distortion at higher volume and higher pitched sounds.

mcseal2

WKR
Allpredatorcalls.com will custom program FoxPro calls with what sounds you want I know. I don't know about FoxPro direct.

They are good to work with, FoxPro has been very helpful when I have called them. I talked to them today about a wrong wiring harness they sent me for a Prairie Blaster re-chargeable battery. They are sending the right one out today for no charge and told me not to worry about the other one. Apologized for their mistake and took care of it.