FOXPRO Shockwave and Fire Eye review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
FOXPRO and Rokslide have teamed up for a review of the FOXPRO Shockwave and the Fire Eye scan light kit

I just received the call and light today and have been reading through the manuals and charging the batteries.

d9431f4696b5999f81f2a33ba8f9cdcc.jpg

Info on the Shockwave from their website.

FOXPRO has set thebar, once again, with the SHOCKWAVE! This four speaker system has two hornspeakers and two tweeters for excellent sound quality and volume capability.There are 2 external speaker jacks if you desire even more volume, an auxiliaryjack to connect an approved device such as a Jack Predator Decoy, and a chargejack.
The SHOCKWAVE comeswith 100 high quality FOXPRO sounds with the ability to store and access up to1,000 sounds. You can operate the SHOCKWAVE manually or with the SHOCKWAVEremote control. The SHOCKWAVE remote control features a full color graphic LCDscreen which displays your sound list or sound categories, has a barometerindicator, moon phase indicator, temperature indicator, battery levelindicator, timer or time clock, FOXBANG technology and much more.
FOXPRO's SHOCKWAVEredefines what an electronic game call can do with several new FOXPROinnovations. FOXMOTION allows you to automatically fade the sound from the leftspeakers to the right speakers to help "sell" the reality of yourcall sounds. FOXFUSION allows you to mix and match any two sounds at the sametime during your calling sequence. FOXPITCH allows you to manipulate the"pitch" of the sound in an effort to trigger a response. FOXDATAallows you to record real time information from each and every stand so you canaccess the data for future reference. The SHOCKWAVE is backed by a 5 yearlimited warranty and FOXPRO's unmatched customer support and is proudly made inthe USA. For more.
The TX-1000 featuresa full color graphic LCD screen which displays your sound list or soundcategories. It also has a barometer indicator, moon phase indicator,temperature indicator, battery level indicator, timer or time clock, FOXBANGtechnology and much more. FOXMotion allows you to fade the sound from the leftspeakers to the right speakers to help sell the reality of your call sounds.FOXFusion allows you to mix and match any two sounds at the same time duringyour calling sequence. FOXPitch allows you to manipulate the pitch of the soundin an effort to trigger a response. FOXData allows you to record real timeinformation from each and every stand so you can access the data for futurereference. The Shockwave is backed by a 5 year limited warranty and FOXPRO'sunmatched customer support and is proudly made in the USA.
Feature Highlights
· FOXBANG™ Automatically maps your caller toa predetermined setting after discharging your firearm. (See instruction manualfor FOXBANG options.)
· FOXMOTION™ Mimic moving prey by fadingsound from left speaker to right one.
· FOXFUSION™ Mix and match any two sounds ofyour choice.
· FOXPITCH™ Lets you manipulate the"pitch" of any sound in an effort to trigger a response.
· FOXDATA™ Activate FOXDATA and it recordsreal time information (temp, barometer, moon phase, stand duration, shot time)from each stand. Over time you will be able to predict animal activity/huntingsuccess based on hard data.
· FOXCAST™ Virtually hands-free calling withFOXCAST sequence files.
· AUTO VOLUME™ Automatically ramps up andmodulates your volume.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Some info on the Fire Eye kit.

FOXPRO introduces the most innovative and featured filledhunting light to ever be offered to the predator hunting industry. For yearsour customers have asked us to produce a high quality, feature rich scan lightfor night hunting. The FOXPRO Fire Eye scan light is the first in our series ofsmart lights. FOXPRO will be unleashing a series of lights that willcommunicate with one another and with other FOXPRO products and accessories.This scan light is the only light of its kind to have a 4 color LED selectionall in one. It offers red, green, amber and white all of which are available atthe press of a button. The Fire Eye is constructed from glass reinforcedplastic material for extreme durability and features a familiar pistol styledesign for ease of use and comfort.
The trigger on the Fire Eye is the on/off switch; it alsohas an instant white beam button just below the trigger for quick follow upshots or for recovery. On the back of the scan light there is a brightnesscontrol slider and a color mode indicator. The focus ring on the Fire Eyeallows you to narrow the beam for long range scanning or widen the beam fortight or thick areas. The Fire Eye light kit comes with the scan light, two 3cell lithium ion battery packs, wall charger, car charger and a hard carrycase. The Fire Eye is backed by a 3 year limited warranty and FOXPRO'sunmatched customer support and is proudly made in the USA.
Feature Highlights
· 4 color LED selection (red, green, amber,white)
· Pistol grip for ease of use and comfort
· Brightness control
· Focus ring
· (2) 3 cell 11.1V lithium ion battery packs
· Wall charger
· Car charger
· Protective carrying case
· 3 year limited warranty
· Made in the USA!

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Some info on the Fire Eye kit.

FOXPRO introduces the most innovative and featured filledhunting light to ever be offered to the predator hunting industry. For yearsour customers have asked us to produce a high quality, feature rich scan lightfor night hunting. The FOXPRO Fire Eye scan light is the first in our series ofsmart lights. FOXPRO will be unleashing a series of lights that willcommunicate with one another and with other FOXPRO products and accessories.This scan light is the only light of its kind to have a 4 color LED selectionall in one. It offers red, green, amber and white all of which are available atthe press of a button. The Fire Eye is constructed from glass reinforcedplastic material for extreme durability and features a familiar pistol styledesign for ease of use and comfort.
The trigger on the Fire Eye is the on/off switch; it alsohas an instant white beam button just below the trigger for quick follow upshots or for recovery. On the back of the scan light there is a brightnesscontrol slider and a color mode indicator. The focus ring on the Fire Eyeallows you to narrow the beam for long range scanning or widen the beam fortight or thick areas. The Fire Eye light kit comes with the scan light, two 3cell lithium ion battery packs, wall charger, car charger and a hard carrycase. The Fire Eye is backed by a 3 year limited warranty and FOXPRO'sunmatched customer support and is proudly made in the USA.
Feature Highlights
· 4 color LED selection (red, green, amber,white)
· Pistol grip for ease of use and comfort
· Brightness control
· Focus ring
· (2) 3 cell 11.1V lithium ion battery packs
· Wall charger
· Car charger
· Protective carrying case
· 3 year limited warranty
· Made in the USA!
When do we get to go test them on some song dogs?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Made a quick trip across the state to get a little calling in this morning. It was hot! (90°) but we had a good time and called in a few dogs. My shooting on the other hand was not hot and we ended up just getting this one coyote. So far I'm just scratching the surface with this call's features and it's impressive.

ccfa1dee8a85b072723355f43ab81ea1.jpg

00831e338acfb015824d9d892ff73447.jpg

Brendan

WKR
Justin - slightly old thread, but thinking it may be time to start targeting some coyotes in my area. I've whacked 4-5 with a bow while deer hunting, but keep seeing more and more of them, and fewer deer.

So - what's the verdict on the shockwave? Like it? Good choice if I'm looking to buy an e-caller and not worry about it after that?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin - slightly old thread, but thinking it may be time to start targeting some coyotes in my area. I've whacked 4-5 with a bow while deer hunting, but keep seeing more and more of them, and fewer deer.

So - what's the verdict on the shockwave? Like it? Good choice if I'm looking to buy an e-caller and not worry about it after that?
I'm really happy with it. It's not the smallest/lightest so if you like to go in really deep, you may want to look at one of their smaller options.

Brendan

WKR
I'm really happy with it. It's not the smallest/lightest so if you like to go in really deep, you may want to look at one of their smaller options.

There is no "really deep" out here, so size and weight shouldn't be a problem :D

Can get one ~25% off right now, so pretty tempted to pull the trigger...

Thanks!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Finally grabbed the decoy for this bad boy. I have had good success using one with my Fury. Seems like once a coyote locks in on it they see nothing else.

c7e5139161faa829e79e92fcc816626a.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The Fire Eye light has been working great for me. With the two batteries that came with the kit I haven't had any trouble getting through a night of calling.

90c33ce1a7c0d93e8bd59ef1664f76f0.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
3 full seasons on mine and still working flawlessly.A wonder cause bouncing around in a backpack 4 months(almost daily) a year in all kinds of weather from 85 to minus 20F.Many many times on windy,snowy days i've returned to it post set and it has been drifted over.
The eveready bunny of game calls.

Hey, i'm interested to know. Did any of you guys compare this to the 'Firefly' which doesn't have the 4 color lights - only the red light

I'm wanting to know:
- Does it still have the 'smart light' feature that allows the ligts and remotes to talk to each other?
- Does it have the battery read out on that model too?
- Who the heck names their products.. seriously... Fire Eye and Fire Fly...

Thanks in advance

Brian

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, i'm interested to know. Did any of you guys compare this to the 'Firefly' which doesn't have the 4 color lights - only the red light

I'm wanting to know:
- Does it still have the 'smart light' feature that allows the ligts and remotes to talk to each other?
- Does it have the battery read out on that model too?
- Who the heck names their products.. seriously... Fire Eye and Fire Fly...

Thanks in advance

Brian
I haven't used that one so can't say if they are the same or not.

Thanks Justin!
I've had a look further and managed to find the manuals to each (and every other product they sell) - https://www.gofoxpro.com/service/foxpro-manuals
It looks like the 'firefly' doesn't have the smart light capability that allows the 4 color 'Fire Eye' to communicate with the x1000 remote and other Fire Eye lights.
I found that both do have the battery read out...
Still wondering why the names are so damn similar... so confusing..
I put the info in a post on my website - Foxpro Fire Eye and Fire Fly

Cheers!

This is great, know it's a little dated, anyone had any chance to compare the Shockwave to the newer X-Series calls?
I'm contemplating between an "XS2" vs a "Shockwave"
Thoughts?