Sept Coyote Calling

mcr-85

WKR
It's hard to make time to chase coyotes in September with all the big game hunts going on but I try to get out a when I can. This was my boys first successful coyote hunting trip. We have trapped a few but haven't called any in for him to see. We lucked out calling in a double and getting both of them. He even got to finish one off with his .22 because I hit her too far back when she was running away. We saw a good buck and my boy got to hear a few bulls bugling for the first time. It was a good day. It turned out better than I thought it would taking a not so quiet wiggly 4 year old hunting coyotes.

67035005ef0147effa7d87154d600eee.jpg

2e288605008d2769441e983f5631249f.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome! Way to get him out there. He should be hooked for life now.

My buddy and I are going to squeeze in a couple days of coyote hunting this weekend to hopefully thin the numbers before the deer are run ragged during rifle season. Just got the Sig Whiskey 5 sighted in last night for it.

dbf6565872a7f25ffa5c9513a095dd26.jpg

OP
mcr-85

mcr-85

WKR
Good luck Justin. They are fun to hunt.

My boy has shot 4 now....granted 3 were tied to the ground in a trap and 1 was wounded. I think its a good start and can't wait for the day he gets to shoot one on his own when we call it in.

That scope looks pretty sweet. I will be watching for your review on it.

Here are a couple trapping pics from earlier this year. We were trapping spring time and early summer but our trapping season got cut short. After we caught that last coyote I ran over my boys dog when we were headed back to the highway. Then someone stole a couple traps and whatever I had caught in them so we pulled the traps for the summer. He's got a new dog that we are hoping will be a good coyote hunting dog and trap line dog. Her parents do awesome decoy work so hopefully she will be good.

WPdVnHV.jpg

xC1NuGN.jpg

Last edited: