Post Thanks / Like

Sept Coyote Calling

It's hard to make time to chase coyotes in September with all the big game hunts going on but I try to get out a when I can. This was my boys first successful coyote hunting trip. We have trapped a few but haven't called any in for him to see. We lucked out calling in a double and getting both of them. He even got to finish one off with his .22 because I hit her too far back when she was running away. We saw a good buck and my boy got to hear a few bulls bugling for the first time. It was a good day. It turned out better than I thought it would taking a not so quiet wiggly 4 year old hunting coyotes.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome! Way to get him out there. He should be hooked for life now.

My buddy and I are going to squeeze in a couple days of coyote hunting this weekend to hopefully thin the numbers before the deer are run ragged during rifle season. Just got the Sig Whiskey 5 sighted in last night for it.

"You can't have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can't have a bad day with a good attitude".

justin@rokslide.com
    Justin CrossleyFacebook
    Instagram; @crossley0102

4. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Justin. They are fun to hunt.

My boy has shot 4 now....granted 3 were tied to the ground in a trap and 1 was wounded. I think its a good start and can't wait for the day he gets to shoot one on his own when we call it in.

That scope looks pretty sweet. I will be watching for your review on it.

Here are a couple trapping pics from earlier this year. We were trapping spring time and early summer but our trapping season got cut short. After we caught that last coyote I ran over my boys dog when we were headed back to the highway. Then someone stole a couple traps and whatever I had caught in them so we pulled the traps for the summer. He's got a new dog that we are hoping will be a good coyote hunting dog and trap line dog. Her parents do awesome decoy work so hopefully she will be good.

Last edited by mcr-85; 5 Days Ago at 11:23 AM.

6. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post