Foxpro Callers

CiK01

WKR
I am looking to pick up a caller to start doing some coyote hunting on a few farms here in Indiana. I was looking at the Foxpro Fusion with a stand alone decoy or the Foxpro Hammerjack with built in decoy.

Any opinions on having a decoy separate or attached to the caller? New to all this so any help, advice or direction is appreciated.

Tony

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have the call mounted decoy on my FoxPro Fury and really like it. It's nice to be able to turn it on and off with the same remote.

H82miss

FNG
I have a Foxpro Fusion and an old model Jack in the Box decoy. I love the Fusion and the TX1000 remote is great. I don't really have an opinion on decoys as far as attached or detached, they both work, so whichever you prefer. Separate has worked for me for years and I see no need to upgrade at this point. I can plug my Jack in the Box into my Fusion and turn it on and off with the TX1000 remote.

mcseal2

WKR
I use the decoy built into my Prairie Blaster 3 when in short grass, when I'm not I use the Mojo critter with the extension stake. I find I use the Mojo more just to get the decoy up higher and more visible. I've had both work well to keep their attention as long as it's high enough that they can see it.

I run a primos boss dog with built in decoy I love it. Also have my backup bossdog still in package for sale. Pm if interested

I use the Shockwave. I’ve used every caller FoxPro has produced, I think. It’s the best yet, imo. I do not like their decoys, though. I never have. Well. It’s the toppers I really don’t really care for. I took the topper off a mojo critter I wore out and put it on a FoxJack and that worked a lot better than the FoxPro toppers. But, I prefer the action and the fur covered body of the mojo decoys, when it comes to electronic decoys. My favorite decoy, that I’ve killed more animals with by a factor of 5 is a 3’ piece of stiff black wire that has 12” of monofilament and 2 turkey feathers attached. I stick that wire in the ground or wrap it around something and let nature run those feathers. WAY better than any electronic decoy and it never runs out of juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I use the Shockwave. I’ve used every caller FoxPro has produced, I think. It’s the best yet, imo. I do not like their decoys, though. I never have. Well. It’s the toppers I really don’t really care for. I took the topper off a mojo critter I wore out and put it on a FoxJack and that worked a lot better than the FoxPro toppers. But, I prefer the action and the fur covered body of the mojo decoys, when it comes to electronic decoys. My favorite decoy, that I’ve killed more animals with by a factor of 5 is a 3’ piece of stiff black wire that has 12” of monofilament and 2 turkey feathers attached. I stick that wire in the ground or wrap it around something and let nature run those feathers. WAY better than any electronic decoy and it never runs out of juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a decoy made from 2 turkey feathers taped in a Y shape attached with fishing line to a barrel swivel, and then another short piece of line and a clip I could hook to branches. I thought it would be wicked but it never seemed to work as well as I'd hoped. I went to the Mojo Critter and it seemed better. Might have to drag my old one back out now that I'm a little more experienced caller and give it another shot. Might not have been the decoy's fault back then.

I am looking to pick up a caller to start doing some coyote hunting on a few farms here in Indiana. I was looking at the Foxpro Fusion with a stand alone decoy or the Foxpro Hammerjack with built in decoy.

Any opinions on having a decoy separate or attached to the caller? New to all this so any help, advice or direction is appreciated.

Tony

if it helps any the fusion is our best seller....we do have some foxpro specials going right now as well

jmez

WKR
I'm with BrushyHillGuide. I just tie a turkey feather from a tree branch with mono line. It has worked better for me than the actual decoys.

bhunter23

FNG
My Foxpro inferno just arrived today and it is already boxed up with a return label on it. The sound was good but the remote scroll buttons were not working properly. When scrolling sometimes it would just stop. Hopefully I will have better luck with the replacement when it gets here in a few days.

pirogue

WKR
So I'm thinking take off the supplied topper and incorporate some turkey feathers. Okay, I'll try it

bhunter23

FNG
I received my replacement inferno today and it works great. Now all I need is a decoy. Besides the homemade ones, does anyone have any experience with the jack 5 that connects to the inferno.

I received my replacement inferno today and it works great. Now all I need is a decoy. Besides the homemade ones, does anyone have any experience with the jack 5 that connects to the inferno.

I throw a rabbit fur over my FX5 and sometimes a weazle ball (ball painted camo) and/or feather attached to some fishing line on a stick. Less crap to carry. The JIB type deeks are a PITA. Use of scents helps mask yours.

d448154e-92a8-4cef-923c-d9f1e708604b_1.897790586c6b50343da0a8e717183d20.jpeg

Whatever caller you go with make sure you add in a visual distraction. It allows some wiggle room for your own personal movement.

CORidgeRunner

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested in trying a Lucky Duck Revolution or Revolt E Caller. I’ve heard good things about them. I have a older Foxpro Fury Gx7 that’s still kicking but I want to try something new.

SoDaky

WKR
Get an old car aerial or something that extends based on height of grass,brush,whatever.Stick used dryer sheets on it and any air flow at all will have it ‘moving’.
Simple,cheap,works.

It ain't rocket science. I killed my first bobcat with a few strips of white plastic from a Walmart bag tied to a string and hung on a limb. The bobcat was locked on the plastic moving in a light breeze.

whoppe

FNG
I prefer mine to be separate so I can place the caller higher up on a fence post or tree and put the decoy at ground level.