Wild hogs: Need ideas on best automatic feeder or gravity fed feeder

VO2Max

FNG
I need some help... this is a question that I NEVER thought I'd be asking but need help in finding a feeder for wild hogs. Gravity fed is fine, auto-dispensing also helpful but if someone has ideas as to what works the best I am all ears! Heading down to a friends property in CA to hunt pigs and want to pattern them a bit better using a feeder. Thanks in advance.

ERIK

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Dump it on the ground. Works fine for the hogs on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V

VO2Max

FNG
Dump it on the ground. Works fine for the hogs on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it seems that the rules and regs are stating that I CANNOT bait any "big game" animal in Commifornia.

Can't kill an animal within 400yds of the bait either.

The fact that an invasive species such as a Wild Pig/Ferrel Hog is even considered a game animal only supports my belief that they just want the money for the licenses and the tags and could really give two S%&t's about controlling the species which is ravaging the wine vineyards and landscape down there... at $160+ for a license and $75 per tag this kinda pisses me off!

wytx

WKR
You should be going to Texas. No limits, baiting allowed and a 5 day license is $48. Night hunting is legal too.

MTSabo

WKR
Well, it seems that the rules and regs are stating that I CANNOT bait any "big game" animal in Commifornia.

Can't kill an animal within 400yds of the bait either.

The fact that an invasive species such as a Wild Pig/Ferrel Hog is even considered a game animal only supports my belief that they just want the money for the licenses and the tags and could really give two S%&t's about controlling the species which is ravaging the wine vineyards and landscape down there... at $160+ for a license and $75 per tag this kinda pisses me off!

That's absolutely ridiculous. $75 for ONE feral hog!?

CA sucks for hog hunting compared to the southern states. In FL you can kill em all, large or small, no bag limits, no wanton waste laws...they want em dead and the boars with big cutters hanging on a wall.

603020_10200169572663126_514258_n.jpg

553279_10200169577463246_139945217_n.jpg

13820_10200169569943058_1830161779_n.jpg

Rwbrew3

WKR
Well I can tell you here in Tx We shoot lots and lots of pigs. WE use thermal scopes and chase them
All night, we hunt over baite or in wide open fields, out of helicopters you name it. The ranchers who
Have a hog problem compensate some of there losses by letting you hunt on them for 150 or so bucks, luckily
I have lots of places to hunt.

There is still no guarantee you will shoot or even see one, they are smart animals for sure., good luck OP...

PS - Texas is for hunting and California is for surfing, kiddin !

OP
V

VO2Max

FNG
Maybe one day I'll get to TX for a hunt. Until then, I'll be trying California. It's not the best option but it's at least I'll be hunting.