Bullet caller experience?

FlyGuy

WKR
Thinking about picking up one of these bullet calls from convergent hunting solutions and im wondering if any of you have used it? This will be my first ecaller. Liking this one b/c it looks compact and good for backpacking. The idea of running off my phone seems good since I'm already carrying it, but curious to hear how well that actually works. I'm also concerned about the sound/volume compared to some of the other similarly priced models with external speakers?

Convergent Hunting Solutions

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

It's a gimmick. Probably one of the worst on the market. Is it possible to kill something with it? Yeah, probably. But do yourself a favor and get a Lucky Duck, Fox Pro, or higher end Icotec and put Tony Tebbe's sounds on it. Backpacking with an e caller sucks, I tried it a couple times. Now I just pack hand calls on backpack trips.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's a gimmick. Probably one of the worst on the market. Is it possible to kill something with it? Yeah, probably. But do yourself a favor and get a Lucky Duck, Fox Pro, or higher end Icotec and put Tony Tebbe's sounds on it. Backpacking with an e caller sucks, I tried it a couple times. Now I just pack hand calls on backpack trips.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

X2 on the recommendation of Tony’s sounds and a FoxPro caller!! Both are the best investments (aside from weapons-related) you’ll make in your predator hunting career. I don’t mind carrying mine and I’ve used the Shockwave since it was released. If you need something compact, get the Fusion. I prefer the volume and sound quality of the Shockwave. Plus, the ability to change the pitch. I’m lucky to have more ground than I can handle that’s almost completely exclusive to me and my 2 partners; but if you’re calling pressured ground, your success will (largely) depend on not sounding like ‘the other guys.’ That’s where uncommon sounds, like Tony’s, changes in pitch to common sounds and mouth calls (every person sounds different) will bring you more success than guys running FoxPro sounds that everybody has. Especially if you want to kill mature dogs and not just youngsters that are dumb.

I’ve never tried the Bullet but I saw one when they came out and it was ridiculous. Eventually you can call a coyote with anything. Heck, I used to have one that was like $25 and was the size of a kids walkie-talkie and had 3-4 programmed sounds. This was like 20 years ago but I worked some - I killed a few animals with it but a plain old tape recorder (a sound making device us dinosaurs used before MP3s were invented, lol!) worked as well or better. If you can’t afford a good FoxPro or an Icotec, just get a couple mouth calls and keep saving until you can! I’ve been with FoxPro since they started selling callers so I’m not going to switch brands but I don’t hesitate recommending an Icotec directly from Tony Tebbe for a new hunter or someone looking for a budget e-caller. Having known and hunter with Tony for a while, I can guarantee that he would NOT put his name on a product that wasn’t top-notch!

ICOtec GC500 - TT Edition – Predator University

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk