I HATE MY BOW CASE: Please Help

bogeyboy555

Lil-Rokslider
Gents,

I have about a 30 dollar bow case that is the size of Kansas, the foam is falling apart, and the insert that holds the arrows is disintegrating.... it was a hand me down and doesn't even have a brand on logo identifier on it. I have about a $2,500 into a mathews creed with all the bells and whistles - this bow case is like wrapping a rolex in newspaper..... please help....

- i want a compact hard shell, slim, not bulky, minimalistic, and simple - i don't ever fly with my bow.
- brand, don't care
- price range under $175 bucks

i don't need a lot of bells and whistles. just something serviceable that isn't enormous......

i read another post that said SKB cases are really solid..... is the Hybrid one worth getting? it looks fantastic.

thanks
d

Last edited:

Dan-o

FNG
Check out Lakewood. Great cases. I have an SKB that I use for Airline travel, but if I'm not flying, the Lakewood carries my bow. I only pull out the SKB for flights.

kodiakfly

WKR
SKB. I use the iSeries. I have a single and a double. If you've got $2500 in bow, then $225 for a case is justified. As much as I prefer local business over Amazon, you can get them on there for less than $200. I got my double from there because no one here carries them and shipping would kill me. I got my single at the Bow Rack for I think $220....can't remember. But SKB is the way to go. Even if you don't fly, a lot can happen to a bow in the back of a truck or even in the garage.

Bughalli

WKR
SKB....think I have the Hunter model if I recall. Not airline approved per se, but I've flown with mine probably 15 times. Served me very well. It's pretty darn sturdy and doesn't weigh a ton. Pretty sure I paid $125 for it on sale, but think MSRP was $150ish. Look around the web and you'll find deals.