Carbon Arrows

I'm newer to bow hunting than most who write and comment here. This forum is a wealth of information and opinions, I appreciate it ladies and gents. I have seen some scary pictures of carbon arrows splitting and going through hands and wrists. How do I know if my arrow that has been shot off target into a log for instance is damaged and should be trashed? It doesn't seem to be cracked/split/crushed/dented or anything. How tuff are carbon arrows, what type of hit causes them to be compromised? Thanks in advance

Rocky

WKR
They are very tough I have never had an arrow become compromised as a result of missing the target. I agree with Shaun if it passes the flex test it is good to go.

Carbon arrows are super tough. Basically if they are broken they will be broken. Like others said you can flex them.
They will take some pretty good hits and not be damaged.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep as all have said Carbon arrows are hard as hell to destroy. I have shot them into trees and still had them come out good to go. Check for any damage to the arrow, good determination that your arrow is hosed is if you shoot it into something hard, the insert will actually push into the carbon. If you see this then you know its time to retire the arrow.