Custom shelters and modifications

gabenzeke

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on cost differences for the three sizes? Interested in the smaller, but to be honest, wish I could get it even smaller

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any idea on cost differences for the three sizes? Interested in the smaller, but to be honest, wish I could get it even smaller

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I don't really know yet, if I were to guess I'd say probably $100 less for the smaller one and $100 more for the larger one but that's entirely speculative at the moment as I haven't worked up the figures.

What exactly are you looking for? You're welcome to give me a call and we can see if we can hash out something to your specific needs. (573)465-1575

Live2hunt custom shelters

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How'd you learn how to do this?! Awesome stuff.
Self taught with some help. I started by making some pull outs and moved on to making a megatarp style shelter after Tim M posted one he made on here. Gradually I moved into bigger more complicated stuff and started designing my own.
Can someone point me to a DIY thread on tent making? Just inherited a sewing machine...might be a good way to kill time this winter.
I have a build thread for my first version of my megatarp with plans if you look back through my thread history.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I will vouch for William's shelters. I have the oversized tut style pyramid shelters and have a season of use on it without one issue. Love the big pyramid shelter for 2 guys a stove, and gear.

Dwinsall

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if you might have some time to discuss your shelters as I am looking to purchase a couple. I would like to tell you what my needs are and listen to any suggestions that you might have. Thanks so much in advance...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is frickin rad. Any chance you have like videos or written walkthroughs in HOW you go about making these? Like above made my own hammock and stuff like that, but not fairly complex structures like this

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was wondering if you might have some time to discuss your shelters as I am looking to purchase a couple. I would like to tell you what my needs are and listen to any suggestions that you might have. Thanks so much in advance...
Sure give me a call (573)465-1575
This is frickin rad. Any chance you have like videos or written walkthroughs in HOW you go about making these? Like above made my own hammock and stuff like that, but not fairly complex structures like this
A little unusual to ask on a thread where I'm selling a service, but luckily I don't care. If I can't help people and make a little money I don't want to do this anymore. I do have one walkthrough here:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/34165-diy-megatarp.html

I can help you through the process of making your own design if you need it.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you ever made a pack bag that can attach to an external frame?

Can you please PM me your price for the Bivy cover. Looking for a Bivy cover to keep my down bag dry when it rains inside my SO tipi when the wind blows if you know what I mean!!

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Sure give me a call (573)465-1575A little unusual to ask on a thread where I'm selling a service, but luckily I don't care. If I can't help people and make a little money I don't want to do this anymore. I do have one walkthrough here:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/34165-diy-megatarp.html

I can help you through the process of making your own design if you need it.

William (BJ) you're a good man!!!

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you ever made a pack bag that can attach to an external frame?

Can you please PM me your price for the Bivy cover. Looking for a Bivy cover to keep my down bag dry when it rains inside my SO tipi when the wind blows if you know what I mean!!
I have made a pack bag to attached to a Kifaru frame but it was just a simple Ruck. I did a thread on it I think it was 5 years ago. Pods is much better with Packs and pack accessories though.

I was charging $100 for a bivy but I have been having some problems sourcing the top material as they discontinued the stuff that was using so the price may change a bit when I do find the material I like.
William (BJ) you're a good man!!!
I don't know about that, but thanks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Somebody jamb him up about the other 2 Teton sizes so we can see a side by side by side comparison.

Great work man, I’ll probably be getting ahold of you when my wife approves the shelter funds.

LionHead

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Pulling this one back out of the closet.

Live2hunt has some pretty rad designs.

I'm a sucker for the old George tarp styles still using a SO BCS for my stand up shelter needs. Kinda wishing it was longer and taller though.

What is the length from center Pole to rear pole of your Teton tent ?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright fellas, I've held off releasing this because I'm slammed at my regular job and I've also taken up volunteering at the local fire department so meeting time frames has been...challenging. I had help for a bit but he's become pretty busy as well. It was also still hunting season here until a few days ago. Anyway enough boohooing.

This one is called the Teton. A buddy of mine and I came up with this design. This is the prototype and there are some differences from the finished product but you get the idea. There will be 3 sizes and this is the medium. Weight for it should be around 3 lb. For the canopy. It is larger than a sawtooth by a fair amount at 10' wide at the front and 7' at the back and 84" tall. We slept 4 at one point but could fit 5 in a pinch. It's an absolute palace for 2 and 3+gear+stove is easily doable.

As you can see the front tipi portion can completely roll out of the way and be used open as a glassing shelter or faced towards a campfire or just as a basic open tarp.

Price will be $750+shipping on this size, stakes and pole not included. I will need a non refundable materials deposit and the balance due when ready to ship.
d49bff8c4cde2c614bc0cd4bd822f7ab.jpg
e17c87144c1e68bcc7be27f5ef230648.jpg
b2d8e9e321a5bb5666543b79d9cb7c75.jpg
8f8dbd40019c5cc8ab213748fb3cd869.jpg
30d4da9c3e62b2193052fd29121c7555.jpg
91b03473cb7a2502d454c1469de0c9be.jpg
3299cdc62c425a3ad0750c10c207e3c6.jpg
5c26251541eec2951695c12a78a611d8.jpg

This is an awesome design. I would be interested in the larger size with a few tweaks. Have you got a weight, dimensions and cost for it yet? I would also be looking to add a snow skirt, and probably some additional guy out points. Have you done any versions with bug netting? I really like how you have the stove at the front, the placement of the stove is the one thing I don't like about the redcliff. I am looking for something big enough for 2 adults, 2 kids, a stove and some room for gear.