Wts;swarovski 20x60x80 hd straight body spotter

AGPank

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cringe each time the thread pops up, thinking about taking a can of spray paint to high dollar optics.

WyoElk

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Might be worth sending to Swaro for a freshen up and see if they can remove the paint. I think the paint is keeping people away which your current price is crazy low! If I sold mine I wouldn't go lower then $2k.

I would probably buy it, but that paint has me nervous too.

MichaelD

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This had my interest as well so I contacted Swaro and they said not much could be done to get paint off but to re-cover with new armor would be around $125. I have been holding that information close to vest but came to realization I can't afford it so will pass the info off to help a sale. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loco4dux

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This had my interest as well so I contacted Swaro and they said not much could be done to get paint off but to re-cover with new armor would be around $125. I have been holding that information close to vest but came to realization I can't afford it so will pass the info off to help a sale. Good luck!

So they would cover up the paint with new armor or redo the old armor? $125 isn't bad considering the current price... If not for the paint I think I would've bought it as that's exactly what im looking for! Good deal.

MichaelD

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the response from Swarovski:
"Thank you for your request at Swarovski Optik. Unfortunately I do not know of any safe way to remove the paint as using any strong chemicals will likely cause the armor to separate from the housing of the spotter. If you wanted the armor changed it could be done here for a cost of $125.00 and about a 6 week turnaround time. We would need the serial number on the spotting scope and to create a service order before you ship it in. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

Sorry beachbunny I didn't mean to jump all over your thread.

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't get the worry on the paint, why spend $125 for a cosmetic issue? It's what inside that you pay for :). Just remember you aren't dating the spotter and it will get cosmetic scrapes etc if used and taken out in the field.

I guess if you want it to look new in the future new armor would be the way to go for $125. Maybe the Op should get the armor redone and list it for $2300 :)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Man oh man , if only i didnt have to fill EBT cards errr pay taxes !!!

Axlrod

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Note to self. DO not paint your std 80. Check.

Or engrave your name/ SSN on any gun: words a wise old gun store owner told me 40 years ago
Not to be a smart a** but if you are worried about the original color blending in you are 1) not hunting animals with 4 legs 2) way too dang close to need a spotting scope!

JDZ

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Edit your first post to say how much you are asking for it. Most people don't want to wade through 2 pages of bull shit to see how much you're asking.

OP
B
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
now you don't have to wade through 2 pages of "BS"
so, send it back ,cover it for 125 and resell for 23?
HHMMM

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That's exactly what I'd do. Guys worried about the paint can pay the extra money with the new armor. Don't give it away for $1700.