Classifieds question.

ahatclif

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm brand new

This seems like the ideal way to get rid of and acquire gear.

Does the honor system hold up pretty well here or are people getting burned by unscrupulous sellers regularly?

Thanks.

Tsnider

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
people hold up well. i usually check to see how long the person has been a member, how many posts they have and so on. if they have 1 post and joined yesterday sending them money might be in question, but if theyre sending you money of course your fine using paypal.

and also there is a place where people write about good transactions with other memebers. ive spent a lot on here in the last 4 months through a lot of transactions and havent had an issue.

elkguide

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is an amazing forum and welcome by the way.

Every place has it's losers but this place has to be at the top for great transactions.

jwilkstn

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what has been said above. I don't even have many posts on here as I don't have much knowledge to contribute and all of my posts are in the classifieds. I've had nothing but positive experiences.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
3 years and dozens of deals never once was there ever any concern or questionable behavior that made me second guess a transaction here. Rokslide is a fantastic group of folks but as mention be smart and use the PayPal goods and services pay route unless you see they have been a member for a while. I am the brunt of many bad jokes with a lot of the regulars here because of how much buying and selling I have done here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing to look at is if a member is new they may be on another site with many posts and good feedback. For example I've been on AT for years with 50-60 positive feedback. However I just found out about rokslide and joined.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Similar to everyone else, I've purchased more here than I care to admit. The one issue I had was with a pair of binos, so I contacted the seller and he refunded me more than a fair amount. You'll also see people regularly jump on a thread and comment things like "solid Rokslide'r", "good guy to deal with", etc. There are plenty of stand up guys on this forum, and from what I can tell the mods do a good job taking care of the trash.

Oh, and if you spend enough time in the classifieds you'll see plenty of 'regulars.' Some of these guys have a quick trigger finger!

pbcarch

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agreed...classified section is very dangerous ;-) I have had nothing but great experiences here, people are more than willing to talk to you before you buy and answer any questions.
I can't seem to post in the good guy list, is that closed?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I honestly could not tell you how many things I have purchased, sold or traded in the classifieds. Not one time have I been burned. Take all of the other members advise and you will be in good shape. As for your wallet, there is no telling. As for AT, fortunately this forum is nothing like it. Welcome.

pwsINC

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
more comfortable purchasing here than eBay. Great group of humans here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've had nothing but good experiences here, both as a buyer and a seller. As the warning above said, it does get expensive! Realistically though, I've found this to be a great bunch of guys, and if you don't go crazy you can get some good deals and upgrade your equipment gradually.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Amen to that!

"But it was such a great deal..." lol

If my wife happens to ask, just tell her, it only cost me $50. I'm sure that she is quite amazed at all the great deals on $50 rifle's and bamboo flyrod's that I've purchased over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Nothing but good experiences here. THIS is a very knowledgeable group of gear guys. I have learned a lot on here and scored on some good deals.