FS: Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben Duomid and duomid innernet, cheap!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a MLD (Mountain Laurel Designs) Cuben Fiber Duomid in .74oz green cuben, plus a matching Silnylon Duomid innernet for sale.

A duomid is basically a bombproof pyramid tarp (its a true 4 season tarp that can shed snow loads and wind). Lots of room in the interior for either 1 or two. Large bathtub floor on the innernet to keep anything out. The innernet is separate from the tarp, so if you know you won't have bugs or its in the winter, just keep the inner at home.

Cuben fiber is the lightest, strongest material material for tarps, and it will not sag during the night (once you have it taut, it won't lose tension). Its also completely waterproof. Its also extremely easy to fix in the field....just bring some cuben fiber tape and you can just stick it right on, making it stronger than without the hole.

The innernet is barely used....like new. Excellent condition, and comes from a pet and smoke free home. No tears in the mesh, nor holes in the floor, and has a large dyneema X reinforcement in the middle for your trekking pole. Also comes with a MLD pole jack, so you only need 1 trekking pole (though you can use 2 poles for the "inverted V" setup so you won't have a pole in the middle of the shelter.

The tarp is used, but is still completely waterproof, and already seam sealed. A branch hit the tent in a huge storm one night, so I have patched it with cuben fiber tape on both sides, so its not the strongest part of the tarp. I did see some tiny pinholes that I also double taped. I'll also include several feet of cuben fiber tape for any repairs you might have out in the field.

I'll also include 8 stakes for free with purchase.

A Cuben duomid in green .74oz cuben is $455, and the innernet is $165, plus $10 for shipping plus $10 for stakes. Total is $640. I am fireselling this shelter for $395 shipped free, 40% off.

9jYQo88.jpg

lgo9lXL.jpg

scDnVg7.jpg

qNzZELU.jpg

72sxhDc.jpg

3nyD672.jpg

I'll take it.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This shelter is for sale. My daughter and I used it to hike the Grand Canyon Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim in September so it has 3 more nights of use additional from when I bought it above. Same condition as listed above and is a great ultralight shelter. I won't need ultralight for quite a while now; I am not taking that hike again!

$330 TYD

Last edited: