Browning SPEED A-TACS opinions.

gamehuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here run browning A-tacs camo or hells canyon speed clothing for big game hunting? Just curious what your thoughts are. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been looking at it as well. It appears to be very well made.

Sodbuster

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not sure about the clothing yet but the pattern is going to work well.
12a40997ac8828ec12620aa8082c1716.jpg
c0c6aeb81e266f651870fe330767ad93.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set of the Speed Hellfire stuff and think the pattern is one of the best for the western hunting I do. The clothing is decent but I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag they give them. My first outing I noticed the fly zipper would separate from the bottom with me hiking. I sent them back in on warranty but it took two months to get my new pair back. The pants are fairly warm but the jacket leaves me needing lots of layers. Neither breath well. Great pattern and decent quality, but not quite worth what they are asking in my opinion.

OP
gamehuntr

gamehuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they make a merino base layer but I'm guessing the outer layers are more of a synthetic? Stretchy material? Just not sure if theirs is made for a true " backcountry hunter" that doesn't come back to the truck to change clothes every day..

OP
gamehuntr

gamehuntr

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody? Is this stuff that new that nobody has it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went and looked at some of the other Speed gear at a nearby Gander Mountain that is closing out. The outer layer gear is a synthetic material which has some stretch to it. I specifically tried on the javelina and the first thing I noticed was how loud it was. A definite swish sound when you walk. The backcountry stuff is a different shell material and is much quieter but has a light fleece lining so probably not for real warm weather.