WTB:2 man packable tent

lif

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTB: CORRECTION Packable Tent 4-6 man floorless shelter

Will consider different brands and models. Prefer light weight and easy to erect. Needs to sleep 2 men comfortably

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Cabelas XPG 2p tent for sale. Very similar to the BIG Agnes Fly Creek
cf9fe5b0cbc9cb8b93f3f1fd3976569d.jpg

5926e54c8ca216094b705d3f751915e8.jpg

89092aa444d98c09557f9760377e1655.jpg

00286fab99bf17b11efb8c43f1c0eac5.png

$200 PayPal TYD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27bec37646def05c3f586f2796c0e10c.jpg
ee8de1ea0b1f1b1bcf1384cf936a0857.jpg
ab9d640ffb08466e7a6a6743dedfbd67.jpg

This is a floorless single pole shelter. It has served me well but is too big for my needs and I switched to a paratarp. Weighs under a pound and a half can fit 2-3 adults depending on gear.

100$tyd

OP
L

lif

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting to me but I think I want floor in.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting to me but I think I want floor in.

Ok makes sense. I was hesitant in switching to floorless as well! Then I got into tarp camping in Alaska and haven't looked back. Much easier to keep clean, and don't have to take shoes off!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What about weather and water with floorless

This should help you out. Went Floorless in 2013 and haven't looked back. Weathered many storms in a floorless setup and no issues. It all boils down to where you setup. Check out the links below and help yourself to some research and what others have said over there years. Good luck on your quest.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/gene...77-choose-tent-floor.html?highlight=Floorless

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/the-...4-floor-vs-floorless.html?highlight=Floorless

OP
L

lif

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man Funny I was just looking at cimmarons convincing myself that's the ticket. So you love it?

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Floorless is different at first but the good out weighs the bad. My family car camping setup has even been switched to a semi floor less shelter for ease of use. I hunt/live in mosquito heaven, but have also hunted and lived in the land of creepy crawly critters. I just pack an ultra light bivy for the just incase moments that the bugs are bad. The reason I switched from the shelter above was I do a ton of winter camping on snow and ice. The benefits of the use of a stove far surpasses any sense of security I get from a floored shelter.

I will point out I do have a hilleberg tent as well, but that's for a whole different style of adventuring. Those tents are heavy, but bombproof for sure. So I guess floored or floorless they each have their own place.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about weather and water with floorless

The picture I posted was on snow! It melts with body heat and creates ice when it refreezes over night. If you are a semi decent outdoorsman with minimal bush craft skills you will know not to set your tent up in a basin or old river bottom. It boils down to site location and weather. I have had zero issues with weather or water. The benefit to me of a tarp shelter is the ability to pitch it low and taught in high winds or a bad storm. Most tents stand one way and are easily blown down. Now you have an over sized bivy essentially. The tipi or pyramid style floorless shelters are phenomenal shelters as well but cost more and require a larger footprint to set up. I have used both and the tipi is the way to go for long hunts because you can stand. If you want fast and light it's hard to beat shaped tarp shelters. You can also buy "nest" which have floors if you are contemplating going floorless, but I almost guarantee after a few trips you will dump it and just sleep on the ground. Check out some of the custom work on rockslide, and you might be able to get exactly what you want.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Man Funny I was just looking at cimmarons convincing myself that's the ticket. So you love it?

Yes I like it a lot. I still own it but late last year I bought a Hyperlight Mountain gear ultamid 4. Its the same footprint tipi size as the Cimerron but is only 21 ounces. Compared to Cimerron it is half the weight. Keeping my Cimerron around though as I don't have a stove jack in the Ultamid.

Riplip

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a brand new BA Copper Spur UL2 (including footprint) that I am getting ready to sell. PM me for details if interested.

BigSky

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a brand new Seek Outside Back Country Shelter and Ed T titanium stove that I am planning to sell. Both are unused other than the BCS was set up once in the back yard. Contact me if that might interest you. I paid over $1,100 for it all new. Like I said, it is all still unused. I will sell the entire package, shelter, stakes, aluminum pole, cylinder stove and stove pipe for $650 shipped and insured at my expense. By the way, since I have not listed this yet, this offer applies to anybody who reads this.

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have a brand new Seek Outside Back Country Shelter and Ed T titanium stove that I am planning to sell. Both are unused other than the BCS was set up once in the back yard. Contact me if that might interest you. I paid over $1,100 for it all new. Like I said, it is all still unused. I will sell the entire package, shelter, stakes, aluminum pole, cylinder stove and stove pipe for $650 shipped and insured at my expense. By the way, since I have not listed this yet, this offer applies to anybody who reads this.

Screaming deal right there and Bigsky is an awesome guy to deal with.