Tall people problems!

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on which pants you other tall guys prefer in the backcountry. I will be hunting early season Colorado . I'm 6'6" and wear 34 waist and 36 inseam. Was wanting to stay with First Lite or Underarmour. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Prana Stretch Zions come in a 34x36 IF you can find them in stock.

I have also found that Kryptek pants with a 35" inseam are pretty long too. For reference, I'm 6' and have a pair of 35" inseam kryptek ragnar pants and had to get them taken in because there was so much slack around my ankle. You might give them a try as well.

Both of those pants I mentioned as well as the Kryptek Valhalla would be ideally suited for early season in Colorado. I'm not sure if the tall inseam on First Lite pants would be long enough or not as I haven't tried them. No experience with under armour pants.

Good luck with your search.

Jd259

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 6'3" with long ass legs and I run first lite kanabs in a large tall and I love them best pants I've found, kinda pricy but well worth it imo... perfect for early season hunts I i wear 33" waste and the larges are a touch big on me but with the suspenders there perfect so your 34" should be perfect.

Takem

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 6'4 + and my ideal pant is a 35/36. The Kuiu Attack pants fit me very well. I took the hem out at the bottom to get a little extra coverage a the back of my boot. They may not be ideal for early season but they've worked great on 2nd season Colorado hunts.

Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
6'8" 260. Can't provide much help because I just learned how to sew instead of fighting it. If you talk to the companies politely, some will send you fabric to lengthen your pants.

OP
Tallfeller454

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for all the responses! Nice to know from guys with more experience.

Hall256

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 6'3" with long ass legs and I run first lite kanabs in a large tall and I love them best pants I've found, kinda pricy but well worth it imo... perfect for early season hunts I i wear 33" waste and the larges are a touch big on me but with the suspenders there perfect so your 34" should be perfect.
^^^This. I'm 6'4 and I have found the Large/Tall Kanab 2.0 fit great. At 6'6 they may be a tad short for you, but they woudlnt need much let out to work.

If you ever need a good pair of rain pants I have a pair of Kryptek Kolodo Rain Pants in Large/Tall that i am trying to sell, they are just a tad too long for me...pm if interested.

Shaun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Will45

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wear the same size and the Eddie Bauer guide pants are the best I have found. They have 36L in all of their colors.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a 32 inch waist and 35 inch inseam, the Prana Stretch Zions fit me really well. I also have First Lite Kanab 2.0's which fit me flawlessly in the MT size. The Corrugate Guide pants however, were really baggy and too big for me in the same size (which was extremely frustrating because I loved those pants)

OP
Tallfeller454

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am going to go with the kanabs and if they are not long enough. I can always wear gaiters. Really appreciate all the input! This forum is awesome!

Muttly

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Squared off at 36x36, Kuiu Attack are fine for length, heavy pack can drag the waist down just a scoshe. Sitka Timberline, good fit but a little tighter at the ankles than is proper with my clown shoes, if I run the suspenders to compensate for my arse disappearing with the onset of latter stage middle age...can get a bit grape smugglerish, due to my Hobbes-like physique...
Mostly live in Carhartts, figured I,d try the Krypteks. For some reason they decided to ship em by slow boat, so no experience with those yet...

Last edited:

Cam_Shrum

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 6'2" and got the Underarmour early seasons for last year and liked them, but if you have big quads they are a bit tight. I also rock the prana zions almost on a daily basis and have been thinking that they may become my go to hunting pant as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
6'6" 225-230 here and the prana zions in long are the cat's ass. And if you watch and are quick $40 is doable for the talls.
Also the Marmot scree in the long and Patagonia guide pants in long work great for high country hunting. Light but tough.

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
6'4ish and the zions work great. The tall first lite pants are good to go too. I wear 36" inseam in jeans.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on which pants you other tall guys prefer in the backcountry. I will be hunting early season Colorado . I'm 6'6" and wear 34 waist and 36 inseam. Was wanting to stay with First Lite or Underarmour. Any input is appreciated.

You sir are my exact dimensions. I don't use First Lite or Under Armor. My favorite pants are the KUIU Attack pants. They are the most comfortable pants I have ever owned. I can't recommend them enough.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The old style Cabela's Microtex and Microtex Lite were the best option out there because you could buy them unhemmed which was a 37" inseam which is perfect for me with hunting boots. But I haven't found anything that fits perfectly since. The length of the rise makes a big difference as well, so I generally measure all my pants from the top of the waist to the bottoms and mine measure 48-49". A 36" inseam doesn't help if their rise is 3" shorter than normal.

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm 6'5" and just got some Proppers from sierra trading post. The reviews said they were near Prana for comfort. I got 38w 36l for $20. Very comfy and large pockets. Zips on the bottom of legs, both cargo and back pockets. I haven't worn enough to test longevity but at $20 I'll risk it