Wtb bino's

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
under $1k budget. Want quality binos in 10x maybe 8x if a real deal. There are some real deals out there for Zeiss conquest right now. Wondering about spending a bit more and getting better glass. Not that the conquest is not great glass. Just wondering if upping the budget a tad will get me better better bino's. This is my one time to spend big bucks to get my bino's for the remainder of my hunting days. I know $2k is where the top glass is I just don't have the means to do that. This is a real stretch as it is.

Not looking for Cabela's or others in the mid pack and yes I know about the guy who posts all over craigslist. No vortex. Not looking for rebuilt, etc. Would like to be able to mount of a tripod. If you have some that are in great shape and are thinking of selling let me know. If you know of a great deal or have a recommendation please pm me. Thanks so much.

Looking

twall13

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
In the $1,000 price range I'd look at Maven B.2's or Meoptas.

I know this is beyond your budget and you may not even want the rangefinding ability but I just got an email from Cameraland for some Demo Leica Geovids that are the best bino deal I've seen lately ($1500). Here is the link. They are like $1,000 off retail... You'd have to call them up and it doesn't look like you'll get immediate delivery but I doubt you'll ever beat that price for those optics.

OP
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks guys, The M's seem to be great glass but to be honest I am just not wow'ed by them for the price. Everybody raves about them, and wants to sell you theirs. I just do not feel like they have proved themselves at that price. I know that may not be the case. Just how I feel about it.

Last edited:

Face8780

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't be so against refurbished... I bought refurbished Swarovski glass 6 years ago and have loved them. I've used them so much, I have now had them refurbished myself. I have several friends that have bought from the guy on Craigslist.

Trial153

WKR
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Conquests for sure, wish i hadn't sold mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meoptas. I spent 3 months, last year, comparing them to Swaro SLC's in just about every condition imaginable in the field.
Besides being a tad bit heavier, I opted for the Meoptas. They are amazing European glass from a company that's been around since the 1930's.

OP
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am not going to buy Meop's, Mavens, Cabela's or Vortex. They are all good I am sure. Just a personal choice at this time.

Thanks.

Greenback

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Leica Geovids in the classifieds in your price range. As good of glass as any. If the rangefinder option doesn't appeal to you I would second the Leica Trinovid suggestion above.

ljalberta

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently went through the process of upgrading the binos. I ended up going with the SLC's, but second choice was the Meostar HD/Cabelas Euro HD, followed by the Conquest. Best thing is obviously to get your hands on a few pairs to compare, ideally outside in the fading evening light but If that's not an option, I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Meopta or Conquests.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not going to buy Meop's, Mavens, Cabela's or Vortex. They are all good I am sure. Just a personal choice at this time.

Thanks.

With Your sub $1k budget, you're not left with a lot of options after excluding some of the best glass in that price range.

Rope14u

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Athlon. Their high end stuff is pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk