Wtb: trekking poles

work765

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking for some light weight trekking poles. Gonna see if they help my knees a bit.

Please pm me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't have any for sale, but if I could offer a brand I'd recommend Montem Trekking poles. The ones I got are half the weight of the aluminum ones I had before. And they run $50 on Amazon.

Muttman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some light weight trekking poles. Gonna see if they help my knees a bit.

Please pm me. Thanks

Costco has carbon fiber poles for $29
Very light weight & worth the money

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cascade Mountain are awesome. You can get them from some Costco's or on Amazon.
They aren't marked up 500% like the Black Diamond poles and are just as good.

OP
W

work765

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome!! Thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna check out the Costco ones. I have one right down street :)

OP
W

work765

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I ended up getting the carbon fiber ones with cork handles. I got them from their website. They had a 40% off deal or something. It might still be going on.

smartweed

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cascade are the only way to go, tested all the big name poles against them, cascade were as good or better than all. I love mine, far better than my old aluminum poles. good luck.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

OP
W

work765

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry I didn't say what brand. I assumed we were all talking about the cascades. Check to see if they are still running the sale on Thier website. It was cheaper than amazon when I got mine.

Forest

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As said the cascades are good value. I've used mine 2 yrs and I have no complaints.

And, Amazon also has them for a very cheap price at the moment.
" Amazon.com : Aluminum Quick Lock Trekking Poles with Cork Grip : Sports & Outdoors "

Was just curious which cascades you guys were talking about, there are aluminum like in your link ($23). Or carbon fiber which are $45. Both with a cork handle. Don't see any sales on their website right now, but $23 is not bad at all.

Bl704

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just curious which cascades you guys were talking about, there are aluminum like in your link ($23). Or carbon fiber which are $45. Both with a cork handle. Don't see any sales on their website right now, but $23 is not bad at all.
Thx for keeping me honest. I saw the aluminum poles and thought they were carbon. I went with the carbon poles.

As i saw on previous threads here, the snap locks are the other feature to look for.

OP
W

work765

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

518ec56bcf48640ac8adf230968a3f3e.jpg

See if this still works

Forest

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so the carbon fiber are only 2.4oz less weight than the aluminum. Not worth twice the cost IMO..... As you say, snap locks or quick lock is the next option. In one much better than the other?? Side note, doesn't look like I could get the aluminum in twist lock with cork handles. It would be eva.