Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Like you all, I work very hard to put a roof over my family's head and to put some money away (above and beyond family money) to hunt in the fall, and occasionally buy new/used gear here and elsewhere. I have learned a ton on this website (thank you all), contributed in an attempt to help others, and have done a number of smooth buy and sell transactions. By doing 100s of transactions here and on other similar sites over the last 5 years, I have learned that complete (over) disclosure, without the need for deception or smoke/mirrors, is the best receipt for a win/win situation. Also like the majority of people here, my reputation means more to me than a few dollars....call me old school, but I enjoy it when the buyer is 100% happy with their purchase from me. Because of this, I always provide a 100% money back guaranty if something shows up that (i) was misclassified, (ii) showed up in a condition different than what was described, (iii) got damaged during shipping, (iv) etc.

A few days ago, I was a kid in a candy store after getting a delivery notification on what I thought was a new Kuiu 3200 pack that I purchased here. From the few (far away) pictures and item description ("Received as a GIFT, and never used by "him"), I, along with a few other Rokslide members (that I previewed the item with), were led to believe the pack was in like new condition. The price was also consistent with what other like new Kuiu packs sell for......granted it was on the lower end (listed $300), but Kuiu just had a 25% off sale on these packs recently, with the sale price totaling $338 for the full kit. There was no disclosure of the pack being "used", "bloody", "smelly", "Ripped Cords", "wear and tear", etc.........the far-away pictures showed what appeared to be a like new pack.....selective pictures, that's for sure.......and I don't doubt the pictures are of my bag.

When I received the package, I could smell the stench before taking it out of the box (strike one). Then, upon full inspection, I immediately noticed the pack was not in like new condition, like I originally thought........blood was all over the frame and it appears to have been there for some time. One of the main nylon cords, connecting the bag to the frame (in a primary location) was almost completely ripped through (and once nylon rips, its just a matter of time before is completely severs), a few other primary connection points have major frays, and the cord to cinch the waterbottle pocket at the bottom was ripped in half. ALL OF THESE ITEMS WERE EASILY NOTICEABLE - And like 99% of everyone on here that accurately describe their items (I have read thousands of classified ads here and elsewhere), the term "used", "blood stains", "wear and tear", "smelly", "frayed cords", etc were not disclosed.

That evening (on delivery date), I sent a polite text to the seller asking, in order of preference, if (i) he would consider taking the item back given the item not being what I expected, as the post and pictures led me to believe the item was "like new", (ii) consider a small refund so I could get the cords fixed (at minimum). I also asked to see the original post, so I could confirm what I had already know and described above, but this was denied as well. He got extremely defensive quickly, almost like he expected me to have issues with the pack. I did the opposite (knowing I was at his mercy here since he already had my money), and tried to rationalize with him, but he soon just cut me completely off, saying he "got the bag as a gift", "didn't inspect it and is no 'expert'", "only wore it one time" (after originally saying he never wore it), and "he didn't deceive me".

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but have been on this earth long enough (39 years) to know I got the short end of the stick here. Yes, he has more posts than me here, which typically defines right and wrong, but I have over 2000 posts and 100s of happy buyers (all have the ability to return any item to me with a full money back guaranty) from combined BDoutdoors, LRH, Snipershide, and here (each serves an important, different purpose for me).

Had to get this off my chest......hopefully the seller will see this and come around! Or get his opportunity to tell his story. I have the text messages to support my rant. My goal is to return the item for a full refund.

Bag 2.jpg
Blood Bag.jpg
Bag 3.jpg
Bag #1.jpg

Last edited:

92xj

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I feel for you and understand your frustration. It's amazing that a single person/action can taint so much when doing dealings online. I have had dozen of transactions being a seller and buyer and my name means more than any product I've bought or sold. I try and be as fair as I think I can be from pictures, pricing and description. I have had a single bad experience on here and it has played a roll in every transaction afterwards. I hope Ryan and company can get some sort of rating system set up that cant be used to hurt people unfairly. I fear though if you give someone a bad review they will give you one right back and taint the system with falseness. People suck, that is all.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you went through PayPal, I'd open the case and request a copy of the posting from admin, so you can submit that to PayPal to show the item you received wasn't as described... I like to take screen shots of some postings before they are erased in case I need them later. Luckily for me, I never have... mostly great people on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, id like to hear their side of the story, and also their name so nobody else gets screwed if what you said is true.

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I rather not shame this person......my goal is to resolve it fairly. This person is a contributing member, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and work this out. I was led on to belive the bag was in like new condition.....and I wasn't the only rokslider to think this. And I have my entire conversation saved via text on my phone. The Mods reached out and are assisting with the matter, which was completely unexpected and appreciated.

platapus

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you. I had the exact same experience two years ago on this site with a Kuiu pack. Full disclosure was not even close to reality. Torn, snags, blood stain, and a bad smell.

Like you I did the diplomatic thing because once the seller has your money, your at their mercy. This guy balked the same story pretty much and I was finally able to get him to return my money only if I paid for shipping which I did under protest.

I hope that this guy does the right thing and makes it right.

Good luck

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Out this guy. The guy lied plain and simple. If it were me and he would not take it back I would out his ass! No need for this community to have a this guy hanging around scamming....

colersu22

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I didn’t see it but did you use PayPal? If you did goods and services you should be able to get a refund but if you did friends and family I think they won’t do anything for you. I would be pissed as well and I hope you paid goods and services so you can get your money back.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If he truly said like new he NEEDs to make it right.

Let me know if you need my help.

Loco4dux

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bad deal for the best hunting classifieds on the internet. Bummer man. File PP claim if you can.

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will say that he never said it was "Like New" per se....not going to lie. But he did imply that by saying it was a "Gift" and it was never used (but later added it wasn't used by him). Not sure why a fair person would use the word "Gift", as opposed to a "Used" pack in this case. Again, the pictures supplied (very selective pictures - 2 in total) supported the bag being in like new condition.......but the detailed pics and description was not provided.......absolutely nothing.

Owenst7

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that he never said it was "Like New" per se....not going to lie. But he did imply that by saying it was a "Gift" and it was never used (but later added it wasn't used by him). Not sure why a fair person would use the word "Gift", as opposed to a "Used" pack in this case. Again, the pictures supplied (very selective pictures - 2 in total) supported the bag being in like new condition.......but the detailed pics and description was not provided.......absolutely nothing.

I read the post as meaning it was like new-unused. Going back and re-reading, I could see how he could play word games since he said that "he" didn't use it.

Pretty unethical in my mind. There's no reason to conduct yourself dishonestly. Probably wouldn't make a difference equivalent to a dinner for two.

Status
Not open for further replies.