Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Sorry to hear about this experience. I am a huge believer in Karma. It will bite this seller in the *ss as it always does when you knowingly deceive another on a transaction. I have had it happen on eBay but never here. Hang in there brother as I am sure the Mods can help.

Hopefully he mans up and does the right and ethical thing here. Life is too short to take advantage of people especially other hunters.

Last edited:

booyah77

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sucks. I have only been on here for a few months but all of the sellers have been great. Good luck

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

lcpaul22

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ffs. This is my biggest fear in buying used on here. What recourse do you really have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I rather not shame this person......my goal is to resolve it fairly. This person is a contributing member, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and work this out. I was led on to belive the bag was in like new condition.....and I wasn't the only rokslider to think this. And I have my entire conversation saved via text on my phone. The Mods reached out and are assisting with the matter, which was completely unexpected and appreciated.

Good for you for being respectful and trying to work it out amicably. If that effort fails, Paypal's got your back. This is why I recommended a rating system like ebay and calguns use, so you can see the reviews from all transactions and overall rating of a buyer or seller. Nobody is gonna spend the time to read the good/bad guy list. i'm told they are working on implementation of a rating system. I've been lucky, over 100 purchases and not a single problem so far.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The seller knew what he was doing when stating gift! Any flaws in an item need to be listed obviously. Not much of a gift when it comes ripped up and blood stained.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's unfortunate, without being involved I won't take sides BUT I always offer a refund if not happy with condition.

BINGO.... Settles the problem right there. That, or seller should offer different terms to make buyer happy. It ain't that hard with some integrity.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It’s understandable not outing the guy if he was working to make it right, but with him not taking any action I think it’s for the best that his name gets thrown out there so no one else gets duped. It’s not so much for shaming as much as it is a warning to others.

4rcgoat

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Maybe you can threaten the guy by telling him that if something is not done to make some comprimise, then you may in fact turn loose his name?

Car7x

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Congrats for taking the high road, and involving the community. Guys like this don't last. Hopefully he'll come around, and / or you paid thru an avenue that will back you up. All that in consideration, the stated belligerence - if not sincerely corrected - absolves you of any responsibility to protect this guy. I'd get a full refund or light him up, telling him in advance that's the consequence.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ffs. This is my biggest fear in buying used on here. What recourse do you really have?

Most on here are solid in reputation, go out of their way to list condition/defects, and stand by their sales. But if someone is new or something looks fishy just make sure to use paypal goods and services and you can file a claim if the person isn't acting like an honest/reasonable adult about a resolution. They have a category for "significantly not as described".

Per the OP. Unless the listing was well documented or stated "heavily used - as is" then yeah I'd be calling shenanigans.

elkduds

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me grateful to the members I have done business w on these classifieds, all straight shooters. The extra 3% for Paypal Goods/Services is looking like $ I will spend in the future, just to have some recourse. To whoever the seller is: Make this right or make your case.

GPATTI

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Too bad that there are indeed people out there who are dishonest, deceptive and deceitful. Clearly, he knew exactly what he was doing. If these are the facts, then sorry, but there is no way to sugarcoat this. The guy is a loser with no integrity. Just my opinion as I have little patience for these types of people. I have done many transactions on here, both buying and selling. Most have been great, but I have had 2 that were very similar. When I PM'd those two individuals back, just stating the facts of what they offered and the actual condition of what I received, neither of them responded. They knew exactly what they did. Simply put, it is a matter of odds. There are always those out there who are dishonest and selfish. If they can gain, then it's for them. I sympathize. You have presented respectably though. Hope he "sees the light", but doubtful. Best of luck to you.

Gumbo

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bummer, reputation is what I want to maintain at all times on here so that people can buy from me with confidence. Fair and honest deals are all I've ever experienced here. Good luck on getting this sorted out. If he doesn't make good you should consider naming names for the integrity of the classifieds.

murf45

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This forum has some of the best members to deal with. If he doesn’t make it right and if what you’ve stated is true he needs to be put on blast. No need for other people to be screwed. It speaks volumes of his character if he’s willing to do what he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I hope it gets made right. What I don't understand is coming on here and posting this but, leaving everyone in the dark as to who it was. I've spent over a $1300 here in the last 6 months from different sellers. All have been GREAT transactions. However, I'm getting ready to do a two week hunt and, money is tight trying to save for next years hunts, cost of living, etc..... So, the last thing I need is to be dealing with a guy that is willing and, intending to screw me out of a couple hundred bucks.

I'm not suggesting you are being shady but, I always wander why when complete details are not shared, on these type transactions. This guy deserves the right to explain his side as well. As is, we are all just guessing who it is and, wandering about the next thing we buy.

Do as you wish but, I don't understand why you'd share your problem if you aren't willing to share the whole story. That sounds rougher than intended so, please do not get mad at me. God Bless

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i would try to work it out with him as well, but i would without a doubt go to ryan and ask for his input if you don't get any further with the seller.

lets be honest, if anyone sells a backpack on here with blood stains THEY SHOULD DISCLOSE IT cmon man, step up,, if that was not disclosed thats blatant, fi you didn't notice it, then you should offer a refund or substantial discount
personally i would be pissed

i have had a lot of great transactions on here as well, never a problem..

hope it works out for you

Step up Seller,, don't be a A hole!

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i dont post much on here, but in the last year or so i have bought a ton on here and had A LOT of great help from different people. I'm getting ready to leave for a few days for a work trip, but if needed when i return i can send you a kuiu a bag i havent used this year. i dont have a frame, but you can have the bag if this doesnt get worked out. just pm me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.