Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracker12

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Use Paypal and never ever send the money as a gift.

This is the only way to go. I have been very fortunate in most but not all my purchases. Did buy a compound that had all kinds of trouble that was not described. After given a hard time on a return I just made the repairs and moved on.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I pmd you some a screenshot of the original post which said "I got as a gift, HASN'T BEEN USED", which would indicate to me that it is new/unused not simply unused by the seller. Let me know if you want further assistance as we don't tolerate shady dealings on here but you may have already reached an agreement that I am unaware of.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Lilharcher is a stand up guy and a great seller/buyer! Hope you get this resolved buddy!

Text me and I think I've got some extras straps.

Andy

Rwbrew3

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will have to echo all the above.... i have purchased a ton of items off of here and have had zero issues ! I have
Sever pouches, straps, and whatever else you may need, not sure of bag size but i have several different sizes i
Would happily help as well.

Also, i agree with not throwing him out here, we never know where someone is in life, and if it was a dirty transaction
He will have to live with himself, I’m not sure if has or will read these but if he does it will all set in, even if we never know about it.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I will also echo what others have said. This is a great site and EVERYONE I have had dealings with have awesome.
The last thing anyone needs is for Ryan to send "Guido." Not a pretty sight.:mad:

Randy

nrh6.7

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP, I have to agree with some of the previous posts stating you should name the seller. You stated he made zero effort to make things right and other posters agree that it was misrepresented. As someone who buys things here I want to know who might be someone to watch out for. Bringing this to light and not sharing who you're dealing with is not considerate to everyone else.

On a side note...I've made serveral buys from Rokslide and each sale couldn't have been smoother!

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh you tried to work it out, this forum doesn't need members like the seller. I recommend stating who the member is or letting Will know. This is bs and not what this forum is about. I bet if we took a vote it would be to ban this guy. If I got something like that after it was sold as close to new condition, I would out the member quick so no one else gets screwed, we all work hard for our money and it isn't just disposable.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The seller was mentioned as a “contributing member” what does that mean?

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its being handled. As everyone here has expressed we don't tolerate Shady dealings on here and the vast majority of people on here are extremely trustworthy. The seller is being given the chance to rectify the situation though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its being handled. As everyone here has expressed we don't tolerate Shady dealings on here and the vast majority of people on here are extremely trustworthy. The seller is being given the chance to rectify the situation though.

I was about to post a link to a cached version of the original post; but won't if it will be a detriment at this point. Is the seller responding? If not I'll post for everyone to see the shadiness if deleting the original post wasn't enough. Even if so I think his name should make it out there.

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks Will. The original post, dug up by Will, is clear as day. The out reach and support from you all has only strengthened my bond to this great site. Like other sites, I️ look forward to thousands of more posts, learning a ton, and sharing my experiences.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've had nothing but great dealings on here, but it only takes one bad apple to leave a bad taste. I sold a pack a few months back and I was more than happy to say that I had actually hauled meat in it. I took pics of every thing I could possibly think was a defect. Surprises are for birthday parties, not for backcountry gear. Your name is all you have, no sense in tarnishing it over something like this. The mods are on it, good on them. The rest of us can sharpen our knives....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original post (phone number deleted for now). Not much else to the thread; was just followed by "Text Sent, I'll take it" and "spf"

KUIU Icon Pro 3200 - GREEN - I got it as a gift, hasn't been used

***-***-**** text if you want a picture or two

$300 paypal F&F

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was about to post a link to a cached version of the original post; but won't if it will be a detriment at this point. Is the seller responding? If not I'll post for everyone to see the shadiness if deleting the original post wasn't enough. Even if so I think his name should make it out there.
He hasn't responded yet but give him a day or two I haven't seen him online yet either.

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I sent a text to the seller today at noon PST telling him I started a post to share my experience, and even asked him to share his perspective. But I agree, he should be awarded a few days. Hoping he reaches out and does the right thing so everyone can just move on. This should have been avoided originally and then after the fact by him making it right. Sorry the mods had to get involved......it’s hunting season and I’m sure everyone would rather be sharing experiences and hearing member’s success stories.

Dobermann

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pmd you some a screenshot of the original post which said "I got as a gift, HASN'T BEEN USED", which would indicate to me that it is new/unused not simply unused by the seller.Live2hunt custom shelters

lilharcher, this shows you were actually more than generous to the seller in how you initially presented this issue to us ... I hope this gets worked out soon for you.

I, too, have completed dozens on transactions on Rokslide, with no complaints (except for one or two sellers who sold items out from underneath me during negotiations/clarification of condition - but we've all covered that in another thread). Two items of clothing I bought through here had holes that the sellers stated they didn't know existed, and I believe them. One took the item back - and paid for return postage. The other offered a more-than-reasonable partial refund, so that I could get the item repaired. The trust shown on both my and their sides was high in each case, and left me with total faith in them as stand-up guys.

While we might sometimes talk about Rokslide being a community, and that other users are 'friends', the reality is that there's hundreds of us, and from around the world. We don't all know each other, and so personal integrity - and knowing we're being backed by Ryan and the crew - is essential.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate. I hope to hear that this is resolved. Every transaction that I've done here has had sellers go above and beyond without any request to do so. I appreciate that. I'd advocate for some sort of rating system too, if it isn't too cumbersome for the mods.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Like you all, I work very hard to put a roof over my family's head and to put some money away (above and beyond family money) to hunt in the fall, and occasionally buy new/used gear here and elsewhere. I have learned a ton on this website (thank you all), contributed in an attempt to help others, and have done a number of smooth buy and sell transactions. By doing 100s of transactions here and on other similar sites over the last 5 years, I have learned that complete (over) disclosure, without the need for deception or smoke/mirrors, is the best receipt for a win/win situation. Also like the majority of people here, my reputation means more to me than a few dollars....call me old school, but I enjoy it when the buyer is 100% happy with their purchase from me. Because of this, I always provide a 100% money back guaranty if something shows up that (i) was misclassified, (ii) showed up in a condition different than what was described, (iii) got damaged during shipping, (iv) etc.

A few days ago, I was a kid in a candy store after getting a delivery notification on what I thought was a new Kuiu 3200 pack that I purchased here. From the few (far away) pictures and item description ("Received as a GIFT, and never used by "him"), I, along with a few other Rokslide members (that I previewed the item with), were led to believe the pack was in like new condition. The price was also consistent with what other like new Kuiu packs sell for......granted it was on the lower end (listed $300), but Kuiu just had a 25% off sale on these packs recently, with the sale price totaling $338 for the full kit. There was no disclosure of the pack being "used", "bloody", "smelly", "Ripped Cords", "wear and tear", etc.........the far-away pictures showed what appeared to be a like new pack.....selective pictures, that's for sure.......and I don't doubt the pictures are of my bag.

When I received the package, I could smell the stench before taking it out of the box (strike one). Then, upon full inspection, I immediately noticed the pack was not in like new condition, like I originally thought........blood was all over the frame and it appears to have been there for some time. One of the main nylon cords, connecting the bag to the frame (in a primary location) was almost completely ripped through (and once nylon rips, its just a matter of time before is completely severs), a few other primary connection points have major frays, and the cord to cinch the waterbottle pocket at the bottom was ripped in half. ALL OF THESE ITEMS WERE EASILY NOTICEABLE - And like 99% of everyone on here that accurately describe their items (I have read thousands of classified ads here and elsewhere), the term "used", "blood stains", "wear and tear", "smelly", "frayed cords", etc were not disclosed.

That evening (on delivery date), I sent a polite text to the seller asking, in order of preference, if (i) he would consider taking the item back given the item not being what I expected, as the post and pictures led me to believe the item was "like new", (ii) consider a small refund so I could get the cords fixed (at minimum). I also asked to see the original post, so I could confirm what I had already know and described above, but this was denied as well. He got extremely defensive quickly, almost like he expected me to have issues with the pack. I did the opposite (knowing I was at his mercy here since he already had my money), and tried to rationalize with him, but he soon just cut me completely off, saying he "got the bag as a gift", "didn't inspect it and is no 'expert'", "only wore it one time" (after originally saying he never wore it), and "he didn't deceive me".

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but have been on this earth long enough (39 years) to know I got the short end of the stick here. Yes, he has more posts than me here, which typically defines right and wrong, but I have over 2000 posts and 100s of happy buyers (all have the ability to return any item to me with a full money back guaranty) from combined BDoutdoors, LRH, Snipershide, and here (each serves an important, different purpose for me).

Had to get this off my chest......hopefully the seller will see this and come around! Or get his opportunity to tell his story. I have the text messages to support my rant. My goal is to return the item for a full refund.

View attachment 60733
View attachment 60731
View attachment 60734
View attachment 60732
I have made many purchases on Rokslide and have sold a few things as well. Everything has been as described and im very happy with every transaction. It's a bad apple that creates apprehension and taints the good will that many work hard to develop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.