Bad Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wholeheartedly agree with the ban and divulging the guys screen name. But posting his phone number? Now everyone that has followed this post could text/call or harass this guy.

Hopefully the worst that happens is "Heather, with Card Holder Services" calls him once a week offering to help with his credit cards.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.
He posted his number I just reposted his post that's on him

Live2hunt custom shelters

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gkprice is the seller. He is banned now. He was equally as obstinate with me and made no attempt to resolve the situation or accept any blame. He's also apparently not responding to the buyers text any longer. I gave him ample opportunity to make this right.
c75e89669da7c36ed06d3689127354e9.jpg

As pointed out by several members and I’m sure you saw yourself that he was active today. At one point “viewing private message”. Absolutely no excuse for him to claim that he was unavailable to respond.

William, I think you handled this well.

Lilharcher, I hope this doesn’t keep you from participating in the classifieds. Sorry for your misfortune.

ScottH

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As pointed out by several members and I’m sure you saw yourself that he was active today. At one point “viewing private message”. Absolutely no excuse for him to claim that he was unavailable to respond.

William, I think you handled this well.

Lilharcher, I hope this doesn’t keep you from participating in the classifieds. Sorry for your misfortune.

Agree on all accounts!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That guys lives in Oregon. Somewhere north of me guessing by the area code.

I️ think the OP handled this well, he drew the right amount of attention to it without jumping the gun.

Mods, thanks for looking out for the best interest of the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chorpie

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should post his paypal account/actual name also, in case they sign up under another account...

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I wholeheartedly agree with the ban and divulging the guys screen name. But posting his phone number? Now everyone that has followed this post could text/call or harass this guy.

The internet isn't as vast of a place as you'd think. With his screen name its pretty easy to pull up his FFL credentials (full name, an address, phone number, etc.) William didn't throw him under the bus, he did that himself and put the spot light on himself by lacking character. So be it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He posted it in the original post and just about every sale post from that guy; easily found this last night:

Google the following:
site:rokslide.com/forums lilharcher kuiu 3200

Clicking on the link results in an error because he deleted it, but you can click the little arrow next to the URL and view the cached version:

KUIU Icon Pro 3200

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I greatly appreciate all the help on this, especially from Will and the rest of the Mods, who fight hard to protect the integrity of this website. I'm sorry it took me a few years to find Rokslide, but I joined because of the stellar reputation (and all the bad a@@ outdoorsmen/women that have so much to share/offer in my pursuit in becoming a better outdoorsman; and helping others along the way). One bad apple is not going to ruin it for me. This was NEVER about the money for me, but since it was so easy for him to back me into a corner (after I went out of my way to settle this with him behind closed doors - I would have accepted $20 and a "sorry about that", with no admit of guilt), I reached out to ensure he didn't have the opportunity to do this to another member......I appreciate all the PMs and posts herein, with many offering to sew-up my bag or provide me with one of their straps. I will wash the bag, scrub the blood from the frame, and get the wife to put on her thimble and sew-up the straps. Thanks all!

team3t

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I greatly appreciate all the help on this, especially from Will and the rest of the Mods, who fight hard to protect the integrity of this website. I'm sorry it took me a few years to find Rokslide, but I joined because of the stellar reputation (and all the bad a@@ outdoorsmen/women that have so much to share/offer in my pursuit in becoming a better outdoorsman; and helping others along the way). One bad apple is not going to ruin it for me. This was NEVER about the money for me, but since it was so easy for him to back me into a corner (after I went out of my way to settle this with him behind closed doors - I would have accepted $20 and a "sorry about that", with no admit of guilt), I reached out to ensure he didn't have the opportunity to do this to another member......I appreciate all the PMs and posts herein, with many offering to sew-up my bag or provide me with one of their straps. I will wash the bag, scrub the blood from the frame, and get the wife to put on her thimble and sew-up the straps. Thanks all!

Well played! You will be able to sleep tonight knowing that you are a man of integrity. The same cannot be said about the seller.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I appreciate the Mods dealing with this issue and taking action after giving the parties a chance to work it out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been following along and think this situation was dealt with very well. I looked up his name on google cache and was tempted to add a link to this thread on his current classified post but thought I would leave it alone until this was resolved. Like many others I buy and sell often on this forum and we don't need people like GKprice around here as that kind of behavior will eventually ruin this for everyone.

With that said. I witnessed a very funny segment of a radio show one time. The host had apparently pissed someone off at some point, that person made a craigslist post for a very sought after item at an extremely good price. The post had the radio shows phone number, man was it funny listening to everyone calling in regarding the item for sale, the host had no idea what was going on.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On that note I'm Going to Lock This Thread. It has served its purpose and we've weeded out a bad seed. By and large I think the thread is overall positive in that the outpouring of support shows the general Integrity that we all have. It is now taking a bit of a negative turn and I certainly hope that all parties that are not directly involved have the decency to mind their own business and leave this guy alone, after all we're not school girls here.

Now let's move on to more positive things, like giving Robby "the legend" Denning a hard time about being a mule deer hunting legend in his own time. Seriously if you guys haven't checked out Tanya, Ryan, and Robby's live hunt on mulies, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04