Vulture vs alphas.

Me.swaros

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read a review about a guy that bought a 8x56 vortex vulture and kept hounding that they are as good as any of the Swarovski/ Leica/zeiss that he has looked through, I don't have any experience with the alpha binos apart from reviews, and according to reviews this is not so, I'm 3 days away from getting my 12x50 el's Swarovski after saving for 2 years to make such a purchase, and sure hope I'm getting more then the $4-500
Vultures otherwise I've just wasted 2 grand.
Must maybe be the 56mm objective lens??

ckr117

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have "alphas" but I have some Euro HD's which I think are pretty damn good, and I've compared them to vultures. I would pick mine over the vultures any day. They're good glass, but they have their place. Your Swaros are going to blow them out of the water.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have a link to the review? In certain applications and under certain conditions, they may give you a similar picture. However, when truly reviewed side by side in the field under hunting conditions the swaro's will stand out for sure. Sit on the glass for 8-10 hours/day a few days in a row and you'll be thankful you stepped up to the 12x50 el's.

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you ever heard of a vortex fanboy???

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Me.swaros

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying guys, that's what I was hoping and thinking considering the price of both items.

Felix40

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The vultures are as bright as swaros that i have compared them to. The glass isnt nearly as nice though. Depth of focus/field kind of sucks too. They are still an excellent option for the price.

OP
M

Me.swaros

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for getting back so late, got no link to review but it's the first review on amazon when you look up the 8x56 vultures.

bobinmi

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That sounds to me like someone who has never actually spent any time behind some Swaros. There are a lot of people that feel the need to justify whatever purchase they have made. The vultures are nice for the money. They aren't in the same zip code as the swaros.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Once you go Swaro, you will never go back. Vortex makes good glass but you cant beat Swaro IMO.

Congrats on your Alpha glass!!!

True story. I inherited a pair of them. At first, I wasn't blown away like I thought I should be. I had Nikon Monarchs, and I frequently said they were nearly as good. After having spend a few years behind the Swaros now, I couldn't imagine being without them. They are that good.

That being said, that doesn't mean other people won't be extremely happy with whatever glass they are using. But they sure are hard to beat.

OP
M

Me.swaros

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True story. I inherited a pair of them. At first, I wasn't blown away like I thought I should be. I had Nikon Monarchs, and I frequently said they were nearly as good. After having spend a few years behind the Swaros now, I couldn't imagine being without them. They are that good.

That being said, that doesn't mean other people won't be extremely happy with whatever glass they are using. But they sure are hard to beat.

Just got my 12x50 el yesterday and they are an amazing piece of craftsmanship,just razor sharp edge to edge clarity. I cried paying for them but now I'm laughing. Thanks all for convincing me to slap down the coin for these puppies.