UPS Store Lost My Box - Please Help

fatbacks

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Admins, if you want this somewhere else, please move.

So long story short - sold my beloved Mystery Ranch Pack on here two weeks ago. Created a USPS Label and packaged it up. Took several UPS Packages and the Postal Service package to UPS Store. They said they would forward along to the Postal Service. Buyer asks me if I dropped it off several days later. Check the tracking number and it still says pre-shipment and USPS has never received the package. Tracking number 9405803699300610400191. UPS Store swears they sent it along to USPS. USPS looks up tracking number and says they never got it.

Just got off phone with UPS Store corporate help... they say I am shit out of luck. USPS will not honor the insurance because they never received.

Anyone ran into this problem before? Any advice on recourse?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

OP
fatbacks

fatbacks

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Oh and here is my drop off receipt confirming the UPS Store accepted my pack.

6cf5b12b03e62966b4ba8371a9282990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac7

WKR
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
USPS tracking system doesn't always work . I've shipped items that don't show up for a few days in system or never show up but get delivered. Hope it ends up working out for you. Can be stressful especially when it's an expensive item.

Lucky Goose

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This sure sounds like a UPS Store problem. I'd take that receipt to the store you dropped it off at and start asking questions. Dropping off a package for another carrier service that isn't immediately scanned sounds like a perfect scenario for a punk worker to steal. While you're there be sure to to bring up federal mail theft and they seriousness of that offense.

Hate that for you man.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I'm shipping something priority mail it goes straight to the post office. I have to deal with that cluster collaboration between ups and usps on a daily basis for customer's parts, and I hate it. I know you wanted to make one stop for all of it, but for something that pricey I would cut out the middle man entirely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I'm shipping something priority mail it goes straight to the post office. I have to deal with that cluster collaboration between ups and usps on a daily basis for customer's parts, and I hate it. I know you wanted to make one stop for all of it, but for something that pricey I would cut out the middle man entirely.

^^^This...

And priority is a must! The less time any of these shippers have anything the better!

OP
fatbacks

fatbacks

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
USPS tracking system doesn't always work . I've shipped items that don't show up for a few days in system or never show up but get delivered. Hope it ends up working out for you. Can be stressful especially when it's an expensive item.

Hoping that it shows up... today is the estimated delivery date printed on the label.

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've had the same situation. Shipped a scope from Kansas City, was never scanned until it reached the small destination post office in Montana.

I hope that's the case in this situation.

gbflyer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a tent I sent a guy missing for 3 weeks. It finally showed up.

Chances are yours will too. Fingers crossed.

Fezzik

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sure sounds like a UPS Store problem. I'd take that receipt to the store you dropped it off at and start asking questions. Dropping off a package for another carrier service that isn't immediately scanned sounds like a perfect scenario for a punk worker to steal. While you're there be sure to to bring up federal mail theft and they seriousness of that offense.

Hate that for you man.

I'd start here. You have proof you dropped of your package with them. They are responsible to get it to USPS and IMO should cover the cost of your item if they lost it

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Easy lawsuit to win. But will be more expensive then your pack unfortunately. I agree UPS Store needs to pony up. No way would I drop this and let it go.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So you trusted the UPS guy to drop off your package at the USPS? You think the UPS guy felt the slap in the face? I don't think he cared much about your package. If it don't show up in another week consider it an expensive lesson. Good luck.

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you trusted the UPS guy to drop off your package at the USPS? You think the UPS guy felt the slap in the face? I don't think he cared much about your package. If it don't show up in another week consider it an expensive lesson. Good luck.

FYI... UPS stores also mail for USPS, so no slap in the face was felt. You ever receive a surepost item? Where UPS delivers to USPS for final delivery?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FYI... UPS stores also mail for USPS, so no slap in the face was felt. You ever receive a surepost item? Where UPS delivers to USPS for final delivery?
Yep, and that service sucks. I have to schedule around their botched deliveries every week.

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, and that service sucks. I have to schedule around their botched deliveries every week.

Haha, now I didn’t say it was great and it costs a premium to do it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Haha, now I didn’t say it was great and it costs a premium to do it.
Lol. Exactly. Sometimes it drives me nuts, which my dad would say would be a short trip and i wouldn't even have to pack a lunch

critrgitr

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say give it a few days before getting to worked up just yet. I have had several issues with USPS tracking being completely off here lately on the app. A couple still said they were in preshipment Even a day or two after I picked them up. I had another that said it was rejected before I ever got a package slip, but when I went to chew someone’s ass it was in my box. Hopefully it will work out and arrive close to on time.

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to own a UPS store, terrible mistake but that’s a story for another time. No slap in the face to ship something USPS through the UPS STORE. It’s more expensive than going to the Post Office. THE UPS STORE just marks up the Postal Rate about 30% and gladly adds your package to their outgoing mail. Then the local mail man comes by and picks up the outgoing mail, no different than if you were to put a piece of mail in the mailbox at your house to be sent. The package wouldn’t be scanned by USPS until the postal delivery driver dropped off all his outgoing mail at the mail hub. Most likely it went missing after it got picked up at THE UPS STORE. Would worth going back just to check to make sure it didn’t get misplaced in the store. Unfortunately you have no recourse with THE UPS Store that I’m aware of

Grulla

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother is who bought this pack .. he finally received tracking info and it will be delivered Saturday ..the 31st