Looking to rent an 8 man tipi...

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a backcountry hunt planned and am looking to rent a tipi big enough to fit 5-6 guys plus a stove. I already have the stove and am just looking to rent the tipi for approximately 7 days in October and another 7 in November. Any info you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Aaron

Brianb3

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Look for a 12 man. 8 barely fits 3-4 with some gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Or 2 six man set ups if you are going backcountry. If using horses you could call an outfitter from the area that may rent you a wall tent not in use.

If I were backpacking I would look for two six man's as it will be easier to split the weight between people in your group and may be easier to find areas to pitch depending on where you are going.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
farmer, more info, where you located, how are you packing in, where you going to hunt. It might be cheaper to buy used and resale after your trips.

OP
F

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good considerations, thanks guys. I’m taking family members with a lot of hunting experience but very little time in the “back country”. I want them to enjoy it so I’d like to be as comfortable as possible

I’m located in southeastern NM. We will be packing everything in ourselves, I.e., on our backs and have a 6-7 mile walk. We will be hunting in northern NM so stoves are a must in November. I have frequented our camping spot and can easily fit a 12 man wide tipi. I’m thiking about purchasing a red cliff from seek outside for myself. I’m thinking that wood leave me room for maybe 2 more and still need to figure something out for 2-3 more people, plus a stove as I only have one.