Looking for an elk hunting backpack for my 12 year old son.

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on taking my son on a week long backpack elk hunt this fall. We will most likely have llamas to pack the majority of the gear, but I would still like a pack that he can carry a bit of meat and his bow/daygear. He's not a big kid probably just below average height for a 12 year old. Also any suggestions for a good pack from someone who's been through the process please let me know.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gregory makes some pretty nice youth packs. They will have short torso lengths and be able to handle that type of load which is probably not over 50lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superA

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Kelty makes great packs for youth as well. Internal, external, you name it. My son's first frame pack when he was 7 was a external frame Kelty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gregory and REI have a few. I think Osprey has one too. I’ve found that they are mostly bright colors so you’ll have to buy or make a pack cover if you’re worried about that. Also I read somewhere when looking for my 9 year old a pack to keep the pack weight around 15% of their body weight to not stunt their growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunt their Growth ha ha. I worked my kid like a rented mule when he was young now he is 6'3" 240 and doesn't have to take his shirt off to wash it.