Helloooo from Minnesooota!

quibton

FNG
Hi all,
New to the forum, so would like to say hi. I'm a archery fanatic and die hard bowhunter from western Minnesota.

Joined the forum to gain some knowledge on western hunting. Plan on chasing mulies in September in South Dakota.

Q

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Welcome.... what part of western mn (it's a long state)? I've spent some time back in western mn chasing all sorts of fowl. Mostly from the IA boarder up to I-94. Some of the best people I've ever met in the country reside in western mn....

OP
Q

quibton

FNG
Welcome.... what part of western mn (it's a long state)? I've spent some time back in western mn chasing all sorts of fowl. Mostly from the IA boarder up to I-94. Some of the best people I've ever met in the country reside in western mn....
Montevideo. About 45 min east of so dak border on hwy 212

Monte!! Yea that's the only place I've been where the sole archery shop/Mathews dealer was connected to a liquor store. We used to stay at the hotel right on the hwy and hunt out by the refuge. Still have some contacts further west in the Bellingham area.

OP
Q

quibton

FNG
Haha the Mathews dealer is no longer next to the liquor store unfortunately. I work out of the refuge. Love the Lac qui Parle area.

You might know the park superintendent out there then? We hunted with him one day after visiting with him in the grocery store deli (the only store that wasn't Walmart) right near our hotel. He was gracious enough to invite us out with him and we hunted close to town. Can't remember his name, younger guy had a black lifted jeep and pulled an enclosed trailer full of decoys. Not sure if he's still there.... would have been2007 or 2008ish

OP
Q

quibton

FNG
I know of the guy you are talking about, never worked with him, but he has moved on to a different job. Plenty of opportunity out here for hunting, just want to stretch the legs a bit lol

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
Welcom to RS from Champlin MN. BE CAREFUL...this site will cost you lots of $!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk