New Guy From Michigan

jmo3663

FNG
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been whitetail, turkey, duck and bear hunting in Michigan for a long time. The elk hunting bug bit me about seven years ago. This year will be my 6th hunt west for elk. I have only done DIY archery hunts, reading and researching elk, the habitat they live in and how to hunt em while studying G.E from 1500 miles away. I still have yet to harvest an, elk and have made just about every mistake an elk hunter can make, and probably some new ones you've never heard of. I have learned a tremendous amount in those five hunts, just looking to seal the deal now. I started out car camping and over the last two years began backpack hunting, which I really enjoy. I've been reading and learning from your posts for a while, but just became a member. I'm heading to central Idaho for 2017 and am looking forward to picking up a thing or two from your elk hunting experiences.

Josh from Michigan

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice to have ya Michigan, the hunting is the fun part, harvesting one means work! So I've heard. Good luck and nice to have you with us.

clip

FNG
we are neighbors sort of I'm just over the line in Ohio.Your right about doing the research from this far away, but the guys here have been generous with information.

OP
J

jmo3663

FNG
Where about's in Michigan Josh? I grew up in TC and did a lot of deer hunting in the Yoop.

Cheers,
Lee

From S/E Michigan. The wolves, coyotes and the winters have really put a hurt to the U.P. deer herd. It's not like it used to be. They put some severe restrictions with taking does last year. I have family that moved to Bozeman about 8 years ago and never looked back. You have some beautiful country out there.