New guy from Nebraska

lineman21

FNG
I've been a member here for a while but don't post much. I found this site while researching for my unit 61 Colorado elk hunt last year and found it to be a great resource. This year I've already drew an Arizona elk tag (27 or 1 late rifle will find out soon) so I'm back looking to learn what I can while living 15 hours from where I'll be hunting. I'm still in for New Mexico, Colorado and my home state of Nebraska for elk yet this year. Could be a fun year!

I am an avid archery hunter but the last few years have also rifle hunted. I enjoy whitetail and muley hunting here in southwest Nebraska. Blessed to have both here. I enjoy taking my young kids turkey hunting and fishing. One of my favorite trips is to Manitoba for archery black bear. I enjoy the fishing up there as much as the hunting.

I am an avid trapper and spend the late fall/early winter doing that. I really enjoy putting fur up and take a lot of pride in it.

I am an apparatus tech for a power company when I'm not hunting or chasing kids. Thanks for all the valuable information this website provides!!!!

NYSKIER

WKR
Welcome to the site and good luck out there in the drawings. Manitoba or any other central/western Canadian bear trip is certainly one I hope to experience one day

OP
L

lineman21

FNG
Thanks guys! I'm born and raised in Cambridge which is down by McCook in the southwest part of the state.

welcome! good luck in the NE elk draw this year. i'm also hoping to draw a tag one of these years. i live in Lincoln currently.

I've been a member here for a while but don't post much. I found this site while researching for my unit 61 Colorado elk hunt last year and found it to be a great resource. This year I've already drew an Arizona elk tag (27 or 1 late rifle will find out soon) so I'm back looking to learn what I can while living 15 hours from where I'll be hunting. I'm still in for New Mexico, Colorado and my home state of Nebraska for elk yet this year. Could be a fun year!

I am an avid archery hunter but the last few years have also rifle hunted. I enjoy whitetail and muley hunting here in southwest Nebraska. Blessed to have both here. I enjoy taking my young kids turkey hunting and fishing. One of my favorite trips is to Manitoba for archery black bear. I enjoy the fishing up there as much as the hunting.

I am an avid trapper and spend the late fall/early winter doing that. I really enjoy putting fur up and take a lot of pride in it.

I am an apparatus tech for a power company when I'm not hunting or chasing kids. Thanks for all the valuable information this website provides!!!!
I’m a new member on here but I saw you possibly drew the late rifle 27. How many points did you have. I have 10 and have been putting for points the last two years due to having my second child and chasing the first one. Was hoping you could give me insight on your hunt. I was originally turned onto this hunt by a friend that had gone guided in 27 shot a good bull but I have since decided to remove myself from the group and put in myself because guided is just not my style want to do it on my own. If you could shed any thoughts on your hunt in 1 or 27 I’d appreciate it. Thanks