Traveling Cheesehead

Hello Rokslide!

Just started following this forum to learn more about ultralight gear options. I'm originally from Wisconsin, raised on hunting whitetails and squirrels. My affiliation with the USAF has moved me around a bit the past decade, though. I've been in Virginia the past 2 years, where I'm struggling with DIY waterfowling with my 6 y/o golden retriever.

I spent the preceding 4 years in Nebraska where I was starting to figure out the central flyway and also discovered the joys of pheasants.

I was also fortunate to get the blessing from my wife to try elk hunting and somehow found success on a young cow on my first DIY Colorado wilderness rifle hunt. I'm hooked. I tried twice more, with bow and muzzleloader and had several learning opportunities (botched chances). I'm heading out to the Bob Marshall for the first time this year to try a new challenge.

Glad for the opportunity to learn from the collective Rokslide wisdom.

woodmoose

Lil-Rokslider
welcome!!

Grew up in Antigo,,,,,the Army drug me around the world for 26 years and I ended up here in NC where my wife is from - all our grandkids are here so why not!!

I Beam

FNG
I was born in Nebraska, grew up hunting pheasants and quail (impossible to find once they drop) lived in the Fox Cities for 15 years. Never got a chance to hunt while living there though. :-(