Midwest Lurker Gear Junkie and Dreamer

I Beam

FNG
I've been lurking for a minute or two.

I wouldn't consider myself a hunter, in that last time I went hunting was for pheasant with my dad as a teenager. Reason I'm on here, is because I would like to change that status from "not really a hunter" to "killer". Even if I never kill anything, I do like being outdoors and I found this to be a reliable source for good gear and information about how to be a successful hunter. I figure if I have zero hunting skills, I can at least have good gear. It was really a round about way how I got here. I was looking for a pack made in the USA (I try to buy US made gear if at all possible) wound up watching Gritty Bowman podcast, then I was like "I'd like to do that." (and get in shape to be physically capable of doing that! Lost about 30 lbs so far, but have a LONGGGGG way to go)

Little background. I was a project engineer for about 10 years in Wisconsin, then went back to school to get a law degree. Spent a couple years as a public defender, and now I'm basically a document Jockey residing in St. Louis, MO. My screenname "I Beam" is a nickname maintenance gave me when I was an engineer. I had a reputation for building equipment very stout.

Murdy

WKR
Welcome, hopefully, when you say St. Louis you mean St. Louis proper and are a Missouri resident and not a suburbanite on the other side of the river, lot more hunting opportunities (public land) as a Mo. resident than on the Ill. side.

OP
I

I Beam

FNG
St. Louis County, or Crestwood to be exact. Unfortantly, I think they'd frown upon me walking into Grant's farm. I've seen more wildlife here in the middle of the city than other places I've lived. Foxes, deer, owls, turkeys. lol If I was a wild animal, I'd probably hang out in the middle of the county where Hunting isn't allowed.