Another FL FNG

Former infantry Marine, then private military contractor and now work in information-security/penetration testing. This will be my first season hunting and I am very excited about it. I hope to learn all I can from the community here as well as try to meet some folks for future western hunting trips (and perhaps even a move west in the future. My family has lived all over and we have talked about another move in the future if we get the itch).
Right now my primary focus is on rifle hunting as I have an extensive background in firearms and have confidence in my ability to make an ethical kill with a rifle. In the meantime I also want to learn about archery and if I can can develop my skills enough to feel confident with my archery marksmanship by the time the season opens I would like to give that a shot as well.
I have extensive gunslinging/fieldcraft experience from the pew-pew-pew/warfighting/contracting side and hope to develop the same for hunting but I know not to go into a new endeavor thinking I know anything at all.
I also have a very big interest in wildlife/nature/natural history in general and am very happy with how much my new hunting journey has also been feeding that interest; the extensive overlap is obvious I guess but still great.

Welcome to the forum. You will find alot of useful information on here. I am a former Infantry Officer on the Army side. Its nice to see fellow brothers of arms on here! What part of Florida are you in?

Welcome to the forum!
Good luck on your first hunting season. There's a lot of knowledge around this site, so ask away!
Im stationed up here in the FL panhandle.

OP
W
Welcome to the forum!
Good luck on your first hunting season. There's a lot of knowledge around this site, so ask away!
Im stationed up here in the FL panhandle.

Thanks for the welcome! I am near the panhandle sometimes due to some family in Alabama. I hope to head to the Apalachicola WMA sometime.

OP
W
Welcome to the forum. You will find alot of useful information on here. I am a former Infantry Officer on the Army side. Its nice to see fellow brothers of arms on here! What part of Florida are you in?

Good to see another infantryman! Currently I am in Orlando (or near) but I work in Melbourne and am closing on a house soon (fingers crossed) so hopefully will be moving down that way soon.