FNG here from Scotland

Hey Folks, I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd join in and say hi.

Bit about myself, I've been shooting compound archery for a little while now and have gotten the opportunity to move to Oregon in the fall for grad school. Being from Scotland where bowhunting is more than frowned upon I'm looking forward to making the most of this opportunity and am looking forward to getting stuck in!!

So while I'm a fair archer and have some experience backpacking, I've no experience hunting so I look forward to gleaning any and all information I can from you folks about backpack hunting in general and more specifically in Oregon.

Cheers!!!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the Rok👍 Been fortunate enough to be in your country several times awesome the high country is👍

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. Sounds like you have some real adventures ahead

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Welcome, I recommend trying to meet up with some of the rockslide guys in that overall area.

OP
T
Where in Scotland? I believe I will be in Glasgow in a couple weeks and used to live in the pacific northwest.

How long are you coming for? If you need any recommendations for things to do let me know and I may be able to help you. I live near a town called Falkirk, roughly half way between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How long are you coming for? If you need any recommendations for things to do let me know and I may be able to help you. I live near a town called Falkirk, roughly half way between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I'll be there 3.5 days. I have work to do 2 of them, I have one full day open I was think of taking a Rabbies tour of Sterling, Loch Lemond and Glengoyne. Sound like a good use of a day?

IdahoBeav

WKR
Welcome, which university will you be attending?

I'm an Oregon State grad.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
T
I'll be there 3.5 days. I have work to do 2 of them, I have one full day open I was think of taking a Rabbies tour of Sterling, Loch Lemond and Glengoyne. Sound like a good use of a day?

Just had a quick look on their website, looks like the most interactive of their day tours, Stirling Castle has a lot of interesting history. I'm sure a wee dram or two at the distillery won't hurt as well!!

Welcome, which university will you be attending?

I'm an Oregon State grad.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Will be at Oregon State as well! Looking forward to it.