FNG From Midwest

Fellad31

FNG
Hey FNG here from Iowa and have lurking for a minute or so. I've been hunting whitetails in this big buck state for nearly 15 years. I'm fortunate enough to take a few big boys with my bow during that time. Don't get me wrong I love bowhunting whitetails, but after taking my first bull elk in '13, I want another bull! But, I also want a mule deer to balance out the wall.

I've been working and helping raise two little humans and haven't been able to get out west since '13. But, I'm in the early phases of planning an elk hunt for '18. Both kids will be in school in '18 and will make my trips a little easier on us. I'm thinking either Idaho or Colorado. I've got 2 point in Wyoming for mule deer, so I'm guessing I won't apply for a couple more years. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to be here!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. Sorry can't be much help with your draw strategy. Maybe hunt the unit that produced in 13 you've been there once already and have an idea where to go

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Fellad31

Fellad31

FNG
Right on. I'm looking for a little more info reference mule deer in Wyoming. I'm not looking for someone's honey hole or anything, just a nudge as to some good mule deer hunting with a rifle.