FNG from Texas

Hey folks, my name is Gerard. I've been lurking around here for about a month and listening to Gritty Bowmen since may. I've been committed to fitness for a long time and following Cam Hanes for a good while. I didnt get the elk hunting bug until this summer, but it once I got it I got it bad. I have an obsession with Colorado, and luckily enough for me I have a cousin that lives in Erie and is looking for a hunting buddy. I live in the gulf coast area in TX, but I am in love with the mountains and hills of Co.(even though I have never been). The goal is to have my pack (looking at the kifaru reckoning) and boots (probably Crispi Dakotas) by 2019 to go play pack mule for my cousin. My wife and I are expecting our first kid in February of 2018, so my elk hunting dreams are having to be extended for a year or so.

I look forward to learning more about elk hunting in the coming years and hope that I can add value to Rokalide. Thanks for the add and good luck to everyone this season!

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Gerard. Congratulations on the baby sounds like you have a solid plan together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Welcome Gerard. Congratulations on the baby sounds like you have a solid plan together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I try to make sure I have a plan so that I have a good way of explaining all the costs to my wife... this way she only hits me with her hand and not a baseball bat!

I kid, she is super cool with it and supportive. Especially since I am getting into the best shape of my life for this.