Utah newbie

Howdy folks! Been lurking for more than a while and figured I should start to contribute to the herd. Born and raised in Utah, then the Air Force took me to California where I stayed for some 30 years before returning to my roots. I'm impassioned with Mule Deer though Blacktail still hold a special place for me. Pops started me out on upland game at a tender age where many fond memories were made. Though I haven't been in the field for a while now, I can still remember the chili November mornings, frost crunching under foot as I chased the cackling long tails, their thunderous flush and gleaming colors in the early sunshine. I miss that.

Still, it's hunting Mule deer that fills my soul, so to speak. I've progressed through the various stages of a hunter 'career', and am now in the final stage, where the chase far outweighs the kill. I live for the fall hunt, when the quakies shimmer with their first dusting of gold, the cold October chill seeps deep into the bones, and the chase begins on trails chiseled by hoof and claw.

Look forward to contributing and continuing my learning of the ways of the wild. This is a great forum for just that...

Scotch

FNG
Welcome, from another fng. I don't have much patience for still hunting, but I respect those who do. Muley hunting will always be my favorite too. There is just something about that grey ghost that I could never get out of my head.