First forum I've ever joined, New poster from NY

Hello Rokslide,

I wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the forum world, though I've been an avid reader/ lurker for as many years as they have been around. This forum has peaked my interest so much however that I finally decided to join in. I'm far from a Western Hunter but I have big dreams of hunting and someday living in the West. I do have a fair amount of Big Game experience with a dozen or so deer and 2 Bull moose under my belt. I am very interested in learning from everyone here and I'd like to say thank you all in advance for the advice you are all sure to give.

ALW

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I used to camp and fish out of point breeze every year. Until I discovered elk hunting out west....

OP
A
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm not 100% sure on what Killboars meant by what am I hunting with? I'm guessing you mean bow or gun? I have a Mathews Heli-M bow and I am also a self professed rifle loony. I worked in the firearms industry for quite a large portion on my life and enjoy rifles quite a bit. As far as a Western hunt I was invited to WY this year to hunt Mulies but couldn't get tags (it was already too late). I purchased a few preference points and am planning to head there next year. The two moose I shot were both with a gun (338WM and 375 H&H) I'd love to do a rutting Elk with a bow sometime in the future. To be honest I look almost daily at jobs and real estate out west the right situation just hasn't presented itself quite yet. Also my wife needs a bit more convincing. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk