FNG - Old Gun Writer

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Steve, have read many of your articles in the now defunct Varminthunters magazine. Have enjoyed your writing. BTW, your article on the 280AI was a determining factor to have a Rem. Sender, 25-06 rebarreled, by Darrell Holland, to a 280AI. I took a very nice 29” aoudad with this rifle some yrs. back. It has accounted for many Mulies, wt and more. Looking forward to your offerings here at rokslide. Welcome. MTG

elkduds

WKR
It will be a pleasure to read your posts, thank you for joining us. This is not an entirely "drama-free" zone. Just think of it as hot sauce on your breakfast scramble.

OP
S
Hi Steve, have read many of your articles in the now defunct Varminthunters magazine. Have enjoyed your writing. BTW, your article on the 280AI was a determining factor to have a Rem. Sender, 25-06 rebarreled, by Darrell Holland, to a 280AI. I took a very nice 29” aoudad with this rifle some yrs. back. It has accounted for many Mulies, wt and more. Looking forward to your offerings here at rokslide. Welcome. MTG

Friend MTGunner,

Frankly, I was plotting my exit from TVHM at the time and I wrote the .280 Ackley article as my magnum opis ... my tiny masterpiece to leave to those who would appreciate it.

I'm delighted that you liked the article; it was totally from my heart.

Blessings,

Steve

OP
S
It will be a pleasure to read your posts, thank you for joining us. This is not an entirely "drama-free" zone. Just think of it as hot sauce on your breakfast scramble.

Friend Elkduds,

I LOVE Tapatio Hot Sauce and drench literally every meal in that wonderful stuff. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Blessings,

Steve

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Steve, like yourself, I have crossed the seven decade barrier this past a July. I continue to hunt, albeit slower, as this is my passion. My goals, for the most part, have been accounted for. I have been fortunate to take a few exotic species here and abroad. Nothing record book but trophies to me none the less. I truly enjoy wild game and foul as a menu. If you have access to the Sci magazine I wrote an article, “Sparks”, about my mountain goat hunt here in NW Montana. Thankfully I was fortunate to draw this tag in my early 60’s as I do not know if I still have the horse power to accomplish it at this age. Anyway, welcome my friend. Looking forward to your informative offerings.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Steve can't wait to read and learn from you. You taken many fine trophies experience never comes easily and good advice is always appreciated

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk